Author Topic: Which vaccine did you get?  (Read 341 times)

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 69
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
Which vaccine did you get?
« on: August 12, 2021, 03:30:43 PM »
Now that  75% of folks in my area have been fully vaccinated for the corona virus, and another 8%are partially vaccinated, I was just wondering what vaccine did you get, and what side effects, if any, did you experience.

I myself got 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

I felt soreness, as if I had been punched in the shoulder, for about a day after the first dose.

I felt nothing after the second dose.

How did it go for you?

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
Re: Which vaccine did you get?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »
VERY reluctantly got Pfizer, both doses.  I waited as long as was feasible before getting the shots.  After landing a new job in May which requires me to rely on public transportation, I decided that I had bided my time enough.  The first shot was a walk in the park, no symptoms whatsoever.  Not even soreness in the arm.  This gave me a false sense of security for shot number two.  Number two knocked me flat on my back for three days with a fever which would not break for the entire three days.  Also made the lymph node under my arm swell to the size of a baseball.  It was miserable and I'm not sure I'm going to agree to any boosters based off my experience.

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 19
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 02:25:21 AM »
Got both doses of Pfizer as well. Aside from swelling on my arm from the shot, along is some weird twitching on my other arm. Couldn't sleep on the arm that got the shot for a few days afterward.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 69
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 11:13:27 PM »
Right now my area has a vaccination rate of 81.8% of adults fully vaccinated.
87% if you include folks who have only had one dose.

Canada is currently 20th in the world for the percentage of citizen's vaccinated at 76.21%.

Of course we are kind of shifting positions in the rankings, because there are 9 other countries within 1%.
i.e. China is the country ranked in 19th place, and it is only ahead of us by 0.01%.
Jersey is the country ranked in 21st place, and it is only behind us by 0.03%.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting