A patch you may want to use.

Started by Replica, January 16, 2008, 01:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replica

I've updated the patch i made for the gun spashes and blood. You may want to take a look, to see if you want to use it.

http://files.filefront.com/DECALDEFlmp/;9445865;/fileinfo.html

Some screen shots.

The rocket splat

The plazma splat

BFG splat

A Quadrumpas slime ball.

Well, enjoy ;)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Zorchdude

Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Lucius

This thing is cool, but I can think of improvements. Don't want to put down your efforts but I am just making constructive criticism.

First of all it does not make sense for zorchers to leave marks behind such as that one. Zdoom has a thing where a sort of burn will be left on the wall for a second and then fade away. The doom plasma rifle does this in gzdoom and it looks very cool. It would normally leave a black burn mark after that, which is what I suspect that you changed, but in my opinion there should be nothing left. Just the fade effect and that's it. A similar effect can be used for the phasing zorcher and the laz device.

Replica

I dont think their is a way of geting rid of it. Boingo could open GZDOOM.pk3 and take all the splat names, and give them the cayn (Blue invisable color) on it.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Lucius

I think that would work. I can try working on this myself if I get the time.

Atariangamer

hey! XWE opens  pk3 as well! didn't yall know that? You really cant do wad editing with out XWE, so use it, you don't really have to wait on others.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

Were do you think i got the patch to edit? :D I opened GZDOOM.PK3! :D

Lucius

Quote from: atariangamer on January 18, 2008, 01:41:58 AM
hey! XWE opens  pk3 as well! didn't yall know that? You really cant do wad editing with out XWE, so use it, you don't really have to wait on others.

XWE can open pk3's? Well thank you man I never knew that before, lol ;D! I'm so sick of editing them by renaming to pk3.zip.

The Slimeinator

Quote from: Lucius on January 20, 2008, 01:41:18 AM
Quote from: atariangamer on January 18, 2008, 01:41:58 AM

XWE can open pk3's? Well thank you man I never knew that before, lol ;D! I'm so sick of editing them by renaming to pk3.zip.

I wouldn't recommend that. Every time I try to edit a .pk3 file with XWE, the engine useing it gets fragged.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Replica

Or you can use slumped witch is better!

The Slimeinator

SlumpEd is only for DeHackEd patches. ::)

Atariangamer

Well, if you edit the main game file, yes the engine will be fragged. But with the use of batch files, you can run the game with the pk3 patch as an addon, not a replacement of it.

Like it could be called 'CQsplats.pk3', and you create in it using a Lump editor your data. You make a batch file to run gzdoom.exe with doomu.wad and CQsplats.pk3. Easy, quick and efficent. (I figgured out the pk3 thing by trying to open the quake files, the pk3 had an xwe icon.)

Replica

The Slimeinator

Holy frag... I have been corrected... *head asplodes*

Holy frag... SlumpEd can edit .pk3 files without fragging the engine...

Atariangamer

wOoT! Does this mean you can continue with your skulltag project?

Thats interesting. How is slumped? Is it better than XWE?