A patch you may want to use.

Started by Replica, January 16, 2008, 01:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucius

The Slimeinator

XWE is good for sprites, sounds, graphics, and music. SLumpEd edits .pk3 files. And yes, my project will now kick into high gear. Does anybody remember the project "Zdoom blood replacement for slime"? I eliminated some kinks and will now include it in my Skulltag project, and in my new engine.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

please, did you get the patch by superchex? He fixed alot of problems, but used the worst hosting I ever saw. IF this would fix all GZDooM errors with TUCQ, I WISH YOU GODSPEED!!!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

The Slimeinator

What I've done with the patch so far is I've removed several "bad hex number" errors and changed around the BWA/Quadrumpus impact scorch/splat thing.

Replica

Quote from: atariangamer on January 23, 2008, 11:05:49 PM
please, did you get the patch by superchex? He fixed alot of problems, but used the worst hosting I ever saw. IF this would fix all GZDooM errors with TUCQ, I WISH YOU GODSPEED!!!

I dont know if this was aimed at me, but no i didn't
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

...did anyone? gosh. and replica, if this is your bit, it was toward you.

slime, how goes it?

The Slimeinator

I've patched up the Ultricus/BWA/Quadrumpus/Flembrane/Maximus splats by using the same color coding as superchex did with the blood, so they are the same shade of green. I'm reluctant to conduct another test on editing the regular Zorch scorch (rhyme :D) color, because the last time I did it on the Mini/Rapid zorcher, it ALSO happened to turn the scorch from the Commonus' attack into a red scorch.

Atariangamer

well, make a separate patch and try it. If it works, put the two together. But the scorch should be red at first then fading to black.

The Slimeinator

I don't think you can have 2 DECALDEFS in the same .pk3 file without utter chaos.

Atariangamer

no, create two patches, then merge the working code together with the existing one.

Replica

Heres what needs to be done. You need a Decorate patch, to create a moster. Wich i think your doing is replacing the decorates... And in the commonus decorate you can specifie the scorch!

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

The Slimeinator

Hmm. Sounds like an idea. I'll look into it.

Zorchdude

Not possible.
Unless, of course, the commonus and bicedipus created a projectile instead of hitscans! Like my mod. :)
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Atariangamer

no, the method sounds possible. plus, we are trying to get it back to the original "slime up close", I think.

Plus, if we make it right...can we have decorates that replace monster (so and so)? like, I want to replace all the troopers (communuses) with this monster (flemoid) with an extra mele attack. He stays the same, he just has a punch, too. Could I use decorate to replace said monster without having to change every map thing?

Replica