Author Topic: Odd Dreams  (Read 180456 times)

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
Re: Odd Dreams
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 02:15:24 AM »
I know what you mean by dreaming something before it happens. I get Deja Vu about 8-13 times a week. Today I Deja Vu'ed when I started programming a certain level.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 02:15:24 AM »

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 02:18:29 AM »
My sister, who is one of the most cheerful people in the world, has quite violent dreams.  Thankfully enough, both her and my mom are aiming for psycology degrees, so they know why this is so.

Your mind is basiccly, venting.  By having all of this happen in a dream, it doesn't affect your waking state of mind.

And you are not alone.  I think, in various degrees, everyone does that.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 02:22:49 AM »
Hm.

I also have had a wide range of paranormal experiences. I have seen full-body apparitions, heard electronic voice phenomae, and have almost been hit in the head by a wine bottle thrown by a poltergeist. One particularly exciting adventure was when I uncovered that a demon lurked the premisis of one of my old friend's homes.

No embellishment involved.

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
Odd Dreams
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 02:37:57 AM »
:o scary stuff!

The worst nightmares that I have generally involve mutants, aliens, or other beasties of the sort.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 03:46:09 AM »
Hm.

I also have had a wide range of paranormal experiences. I have seen full-body apparitions, heard electronic voice phenomae, and have almost been hit in the head by a wine bottle thrown by a poltergeist. One particularly exciting adventure was when I uncovered that a demon lurked the premisis of one of my old friend's homes.

In RL or in a dream?  Because mostly when I see a ghost, I "see" it in my mind.  As in, it is like "looking" back at a memory.  You see it, but not with your eyes.  Ghosts are the same.

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 19
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2008, 10:15:42 AM »
Yes, it's as if you are looking back into your mind...yet your eyes are still open; your mind sort of splices the ghost or apparition into your real image.

Yes, Deja Vu occurs quite often to me...and I'll think, "I know I've been here before!" when I've never been there in my life.

As for the wine bottles and poltergeists, you are a very interesting person, Slime, and that's a good thing.  :)

Have you guys ever walked down a street, and realized you knew what would happen at the next corner before you walked around it?  That is really weird.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Offline The Slimeinator

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 11:12:21 AM »
Hm.

In RL or in a dream?  Because mostly when I see a ghost, I "see" it in my mind.  As in, it is like "looking" back at a memory.  You see it, but not with your eyes.  Ghosts are the same.

I see them in real life. Sort of. It is difficult to explain, but I do see a lot of them.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 01:09:50 PM »
You know, on the subject of making maps about what you dream, I once had this dream about playing Chex Quest through this large Cavers of Bazoik style level, but it was unlike anything that I have ever played before. There were like underground lakes, cascading waterfalls and slime falls, everything. It's too bad that I can't map for my life or remember most of the level layout. It would have made a spectacular Chex Quest level.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Kuwabara

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 06:56:41 PM »
I share the same issue, but with flash movies.  I have TONS of ideas for movies, but I can't animate for my life.

Offline Rushnerd

• Korean animator
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »
I share the same issue, but with flash movies.  I have TONS of ideas for movies, but I can't animate for my life.
I've tried my hand at Flash animation before. The learning curve is so high that I have no interest in dedicating that much time to it, unless I took a class. Basically, executing what I want it to do, is a lot less simple the even the help file shows, arg.

I'll stick with my normal audio/video/jps/gifs for now.

Offline Kuwabara

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »
I've tried my hand at Flash animation before. The learning curve is so high that I have no interest in dedicating that much time to it, unless I took a class.

QFT.

Offline arch129

• Drum Set Salesman
  • Fan Projects Coordinator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 05:54:53 PM »
Last night I had a dream that I was some spy and my job was to find someone and ask them some questions. I was at a school and I saw the person I was looking for. Apprently there was a assembly going on. I followed the person to where he sitted at. I asked the questions I needed but then the hole dream started over agian but when I followed the same person he disapered. I sat down trying to figure out what to do them sundenly the dream stoped the place where I was next was my bed where I was sleeping in RL. I didn't know if a was awake or still in a dream in a second I was in a dream agian, I starting questioning if a was in a dream or not. As soon I was questioning that in my mind every charater in my dream was chaning "No, No, No" trying to make me belive I was awake. Soon I gave up on questioning and decided I was awake when I was dreaming. The dream went on but the rest I can't remmember.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 07:16:05 PM »
There can't be much worse than dreaming in a dream or being told you're awake in a dream. The only thing worse that I can think of than that... eh.... *shivers down spine*
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Pikazec2012

• Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • If i could marry any girl, it would be Lilly Satou
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 12:16:54 AM »
most of my dream include this girl i like or death so i will p[ost neither. BUT when i was little i use to dream i was a digidestined
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 01:53:57 AM »
lol...

I had this dream...happened while i was awake, somehow...and it was basically me seeing the battle scene from narnia happen on the desk in front of me...then i kinda snapped to full awake...

But I've done that alot...I see a movie, or tv show, or read a book with an epic scene...and I'll dream it. I had once dream in which I was filming a movie based on a Hardy Boys book...

Also, IDK if I halucinate or what...but I usually see LOTZA strange stuff when I get tired...mostly things like:
A dark shadow will just morph into a cat...I blink, and its gone, then a few seconds later my cat comes in.
The chair will just all of a sudden turn around, but when I look at it, its in the same position again...
My computer (I leave my desktop on) will randomly come out of powersave mode...then instantly go back.

IDK, just weird stuffs.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting