Author Topic: Odd Dreams  (Read 180457 times)

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Odd Dreams
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 01:59:58 AM »
I had a dream that felt like one huge Monty Python and the Holy Grail ripoff.  It was set in Medievil times, and it had medievil stuff in it, but it was totally different.

An example of my dreams wierderies.

A skeleton and the Grim Reaper (also skeleton) were sitting at the high desk of a courtroom, and a bunch of peasants were in there having laws read to them.  Then suddenly, a royal parade started coming into the room holding a large shiny axe!  The peasants then sang "You have been given the honer, to represent our town with this axe by striking the wall hard with it's blade! But we really don't know what it's use is for!" *Reaper facepalm*

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 01:59:58 AM »

Offline Rushnerd

• Korean animator
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 02:25:30 AM »
But does it float Kuwabara?

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2008, 02:33:58 AM »
Yes Virgin-nerd, it floats.

Offline Rushnerd

• Korean animator
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2008, 02:34:49 AM »
o_O

Offline Allen Walker

• The guy that does a slice and dice with Weiss using Ice.
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2008, 02:39:38 AM »
I keep forgetting my dreams.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2008, 02:43:01 AM »
I wasn't sure if I would post about this dream, because you all might think that I am lying, crazy, or both. However, here goes. This may be boring at first, but bear with me.

About one year ago, I had a dream. It lasted for 25 human years, from my perspective. It was over the course of nine hours of sleep. It was actually a Pokemon-based dream. It happened about a week after I got Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I was actually a Charmander, hatched from an egg. It felt like living an entire lifetime. I was born at an orphanage, and the only knowledge of my parents were that they were both Charizards. This is obviously set in a place where the Pokemon are more advanced than the series may suggest. Anyway, I was shipped off to an academy for an "education." This lasted for two years in Pokemon time, which is about 1,064 human days. After that, my life took off as an adventurer. I wasn't going to waste this possibly once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! My first experience with a "tough" Pokemon is when I was eaten by a Charizard when I was 3 and a half, which is basically 11 years old in human time. A Squirtle saved me by putting out the Charizard's tail-flame, and allowing me to crawl up and out of its throat. The Pokemon world is actually full of consuming. In the wild, if you were small, it was literally run or be eaten. Moving along, I befriended this Squirtle who apparently didn't have a name. We returned back to the village where I was born, and we stayed in a hotel. When I was four and two monthes old, we received a letter in the mail asking for assistance. A fellow Pokemon had been stranded inside the jungle, and the sender had heard that I was a fire Pokemon. Squirtle and I spoke about it, and we sent a reply letter saying that we will look for the Pokemon. When we found her, she was about to be killed by Beedrill. I used my only Fire move, Ember, to burn through the trunk of a tree, causing it to fall and crush the three Beedrill. The Mudkip thanked us for helping, and the three of us returned to the village. After that, it was a series of deliveries and rescues. When I turned six, I evolved into a Charmeleon. It hurt. It felt like you had burst open and were being reassembled atom by atom. Anyway, I then had my first encounter with humans. There were two of them, who appeared to be young twins. Over the course of my "education", I learned that a Pokeball actually stripped a Pokemon of its individuality, turning it into a mindless automaton that was at the beck and call of its master. I had learned many things about humans, and none of them good. The twins tried to catch me. The fools. I roasted one with my new-found move Flamethrower, which actually felt like I was throwing up the first few times I used it. Very unpleasant. Anyway, I roasted one of the twins, sending the other running home crying for his mommy. These two were young. This dream goes on and on, and I would type more but I would exceed the character limit. Allow me to skip ahead to the end. I was a Charizard answering a letter from a distressed male looking for his wife. I ventured into a cave alone, as Squirtle (now Wartortle) was sick at home. I realized it was a trap too late. Groudon, one of the Legendary Pokemon, had tangled with me before, and it ended with it being cast into a pit of extra-hot lava. I was struck on the head by a De-evolution stone, and I became a Charmander once again. Suddenly, Groudon rushed forward. I tried to run, but I found him picking me up by the scruff of my neck. He told me how tasty I looked, and then proceeded to swallow me. I tried to fight, but resistance was futile. I entered his belly knowing I would not come out alive. My last moments in that epic dream were spent with my flesh falling off inside of Groudon's stomach.

So ends my tale.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Offline Rushnerd

• Korean animator
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 02:43:27 AM »
I haven't dreamed in months, is that normal? seriously.
I do dream though, just last year I wished I could make it stop because it happened so often.

Under-stimulation? Maybe it's just the type of stimuli I receive. Eh, i'm going psychological again, sorry.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 02:44:59 AM »
That's... not normal. Humans need to dream in order to "file away" memories. Without dreams, we would all literally be driven to insanity.

Offline Allen Walker

• The guy that does a slice and dice with Weiss using Ice.
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 02:51:49 AM »
I have had epic dreams liks that. I would see many things and experince birth to death. I think thats what got people into reincarnation. I haven't had a dream like that in ages.

Offline Rushnerd

• Korean animator
  • Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2008, 02:57:52 AM »
That's... not normal. Humans need to dream in order to "file away" memories. Without dreams, we would all literally be driven to insanity.
I won't argue with you on this one, but just let me say that dreaming is very basically the brain "checking itself out". Constructing,deconstructing, and modifying Stimuli received or perceived from previous experiences. I have to look into it much further, but i'm not sure that dreaming is completely necessary.

I forgot to mention also that I usually don't get a lot of sleep so my REM cycle is probably cut short, thus dreams don't get a chance to form.

Also, very epic dream Slime, were you okay afterward? Seems like it would have been a shock. I can only remember one dream that lasted a considerable amount of time, but not that long. I was sonic :P.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2008, 02:59:00 AM »
I was more than OK. I was feeling great. I gained a lot of wisdom in that dream, and I carry it with me to this day. I hope to have another one like it.

Offline xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 71
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2008, 03:05:47 AM »
That's the most epic dream I've ever heard of! None of my dreams have ever gone past the span of a day, at the most.

Offline arch129

• Drum Set Salesman
  • Fan Projects Coordinator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 03:34:05 AM »
Wow, thats some dream Slime. :O
I wish I had a dream that lasted that long. I know what you mean about how long it was compared to the time you slept, once it was about 4:59 in the morning when I woke up but I fell a sleep agian and had a dream that lasted at least 50 minutes to more than a hour long.
When the dream ended and when I woke up it was 5:01 in the morning. I was confused when I woke up that day, since it was a school day I didn't have time to try to remember what happen in my dream. : (
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:35:52 AM by arch129 »

Offline The Slimeinator

• Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 03:35:47 AM »
Ah. The second longest dream I ever had lasted for two "monthes". It was just basically where I was an exorcist who fought demons. Most dreams I have last about a "day".

Offline Kuwabara

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 03:39:26 AM »
I know that I have had long dreams, very long dreams, but I don't remember anything then the fact that I had them.  That was epic Slimenator, epic.  Your whole dream had me thinking of a part in Buddha where a young Gautama was dreaming and lived the whole life of a bird up until it's death by a eagle that flew right in front of the dreaming Gautama.

@rushnerd: Before, when I said Yes Virgin-Nerd, I was making a pun on Yes Virginia.  (I only caught how wrong it sounded later)

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting