Original Chex Quest concept art!

Started by Chukker, July 29, 2008, 01:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie

Wow!  This is amazing!  Somebody should upload them to the gallery.

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

LAZ Trooper

If we had any level concepts we could make a whole Concept Chex Quest game with all those turned into sprites and everything. And with yellow flemoids. o_O
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

The Slimeinator

Yellow Flemoids just cannot be, because of the aforementioned Doom pallet limitation. I made a sprite set out of the concept art for the Phasing Zorcher.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

TrueDude

I'm hoping that someone could make sprites for all of the weapons taken out or drastically changed, including the raygun, food-throwers (with the food itself), and the prototype rocket launcher and phasing zorcher.

EDIT: I guess two have been made, let's go for the others now!

Manny Cav

I couldn't see a food-thrower being consistent with the current direction Chex Quest has taken. Since Flemoids grow off of nutrition, throwing food could be seen as counterproductive in zorching them back--unless it was "un-nutritional" food or junk food. Hmm. Ideas....
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

TrueDude

Well, instead of zorchmatch, since zorch is known to only work on Flemoids, it could possibly be that you use the food-throwers strictly for zorchmatch? Since milk could make cereal soggy, and some put banana slices and strwaberries on cereal

Manny Cav

Just for clarification, Zorchmatch refers to Lucius' mod, not the deathmatch game mode. But, still, that wouldn't work very well, either, as the zorchers could easily find themselves in a mode like Invasion that would again put that dilemma back up.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

I would like to see working versions of the prototype zorchers, so here's my explanation that fits into the science of chex quest.

We all know that Flemoids contain a small amount of natural zorch, and that our zorchers saturate the slime enough to teleport it back. If they evolve/grow too quickly, this zorch will rapidly multiply and create enough zorch to send the flemmie back. Well, the original flemoids grew from small amounts of raw minerals, and had enough time to grow slowly and be complete w/o compromising their zorch ratio. By firing food that has been enhanced with pure minerals and nutrients, it will rapidly grow with each shot, creating an instability in the zorch ratio. when this ratio finally tries to reset itself, it expands TOO much, zorching the flemmie, and saving the limited bit you have. (this explanation can also explain why the flemoids would leave zorch behind...)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Uh... I didn't "know" that Flemoids contain a small amount of natural zorch. When did this start? ???
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

SOMEWHERE...idk...I heard it before. But I'm just talking in a sense of the unknown.

Manny Cav

Since Flemoids like nutritional substances, I think flinging big time junk food at them would make more sense.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Quote from: Atariangamer on August 11, 2008, 06:39:58 PM
SOMEWHERE...idk...I heard it before. But I'm just talking in a sense of the unknown.

Their being Teleported by the zorch, and they Grow by nutritional substances. Maybe we could use the food launchers, for another version of ChexQues. We're the Chex Warroir battles The mucky UNhealthy monsters.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

-_- so my theory gets slammed...so effin hard...gosh.

Well, I have no idea, now. And if we're gonna make a new CQ...I know exactly what it will be:

Chex Quest: Parallel Dimensions
Every few levels end with a Dimension switch, taking you between the normal one and the alternate one.
In the normal dimension, zorchers and green flemoids. In the parallel one, yellow flemoids and fruit shooters!

Thats a good possiblity, but as I could prolly do no more than dream about it...theres an idea.

But still! Why do the concepts have to make sense? I would use it in a mod if I had em...If your only reason is "It makes no sense story wise"...then why not make a new one?

IDK, I'd make em if I could, but I have no skills in computer art...I sketch, or I pixel art. I dont do really nice things like that. -_-

Replica

HALT! Who said I wans't going to make them? I've just been working really hard trying to fix up old sprites I've made.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.