Progress

Started by The Slimeinator, January 16, 2008, 11:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucius

Boingo, I don't know if this is too much to ask of you, but I am still making high resolution textures for CQ. I was wondering if you could supply me with a list of all the textures that must be replaced.

Atariangamer

I was wondering about the HRES...pk3 patches can enable the textures, right?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Lucius

I'm sure that the mod can be compiled in a pk3 to organize it all. I just want a unified list of textures that will be used. Right now there are redundant textures, unused textures, and misnamed textures. If I had a list I could make the textures more effectively and better.

Atariangamer

...Boingo?
I'd say just start by opening up the wad in XWE, open the TEXTURES lump, and save some texs that are major important in the current version...then convert!

Lucius

That's just the thing. Many of the textures are broken up into patches, and some are arranged differently not to mention the ones that boingo wrote changeme on.

ChexCommander

I really think we should get the Multiplayer thing started on Legacy... it would make things way more fun. :o
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

I can't speak from personal experience, but I hear that Legacy's multiplayer support is not very good (I think that for this reason, Lucius' Zorchmatch mod never really got put to much real use). We used to have a good thing going with another member here, Game Master, who hosted weekly Skulltag Chex Quest matches, but that seems to have fallen from favor (or fashion). I wonder if I should get back to hosting some more....
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

That would sound pretty cool... now that I'm all hyped up on Chex Quest  8)

Manny Cav

By the way, as a side note, try not to bump topics that haven't been replied two in over a month. I didn't say anything at first because this is Boingo the Clown's subforum, so he may want to do something different about it, but doing it in most other places can get you in trouble.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Alright, i'll take your advice  :P

Manny Cav

As I thought, Forum Games and Off Topic Discussions are exempt from the "necromancy" rule. Also, the Fan Projects forum and associated child boards are exempt, so you're safe there. Read here for the complete rules. Now, let's get back on topic!
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Have we gotten anywhere with this lately? or is this one just gonna hafta wait?

Batmanifestdestiny

There's a proggress blog-thing on his website.
or at least some pretty screen shots.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Manny Cav

That progress thing's said that for what is essentially years.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Batmanifestdestiny

oh......
By the way, if I end up making a level set with TUCQ (I'm working on my first map) then is it okay that it starts at e3m1? I got past the coding, but I wonder if Boingo would be angry for making a carbon-copy of TUCQ but adding an episode...

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!