Teleporters

Started by Frizkie, August 02, 2008, 02:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frizkie

So I am starting my project OFFICIALLY. I'm just starting MAP1, and I threw in a teleporter. I know how to set up a teleporter to send you one way, but I can't figure out how to be able to use the same teleporter to get back to the first one without this happening; Whenever I go into the first teleporter, it sends me to the destination, but since the destination is on another teleporter, it sends me back where I started. How do I fix this?

(Note: Do I start new topics too much? Should I cut down and just use other posts?)

The Slimeinator

Don't worry about topics.

To make a two way teleporter, each sector needs to be tagged differently and a teleporter needs to be on each end. A prime example is Ultimate DooM's E2M1, which has a two-way teleporter in the beginning of the level. That level is included with the original Chex Quest IWAD, so you can look at the level by opening the WAD file with DooM Builder.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Frizkie

Wow, of course I needed 2 tags. O_o Thanks...  :P ;D

EDIT: Oh mighty CC! Please locketh this threadeth!  :P

The Slimeinator

CC has about as much power as you do here. :D
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Loremaster

Yeah, CC isn't anybody special outside of his forum. At least, on terms of controlling lockage, banhammering and the like.

However, I am locking this.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!