Another Chex Quest crusade thought up by yours truly.

Started by Manny Cav, August 04, 2008, 06:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

It started when a YouTube member by the name of "screamingflemoids" commented on the Chex Quest Ending video that I uploaded. We got on to talking about how cool it would be if the music used in the intro and ending videos, particularly, the ending fanfare, were released. Then, I decided to see if it was possible to track down whoever might have used the music and still has it. Andrew Benson would probably be a logical first target on this issue, but some of the other creators, Digital Caf
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Hmm...I'd say go for it! It really would be cool to have, and if Andrew Benson came to the community, i'd say it'd be good.

abenson[at]straightlinetheory[dot]com
Its amazing...he's still working at Zentropy Partners...but as a Web designer...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Music is one of my hobbies.  Listening, playing, creating, it all owns.

Getting that music would be awesome!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

I sent him the email and got a reply.
Quote from: Andrew Benson
Hey [real name],

I love the idea of releasing the music from the intro and ending videos. You're right -- the trick would be to actually find the original files. If anyone has them, it would be me, but unfortunately most of the originals for CQ are long gone. There is a very slim chance that I have them on a backup somewhere, and if so, you are more than welcome to them.

I will take a look, but it is going to take me some time. I'm in the process of setting up a new studio and the backups where I would look are in storage. If you haven't heard from me in a month or two, check in and we'll see if I've had any luck.

Cheers,
Now we're basically in a waiting game.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Ooh, so there's a possibilty!

LOL, who knew Manny's true name was Real Name!

Atariangamer

LOL CC!!!

But thats awesome that he answered...mebe we need to do that more. Email DC members, that is...

You never know, one of the lead programers might have the CQ code! (i doubt it, tho)

And I love CQ's music, so this will be awesome...

xbolt

*Makes a mental note to say [real name] next time he's in a match with Manny...*

I wonder what else we can bug the original staff into looking for...

Atariangamer

http://www.deanhyers.com/dc-employees.html
Theres the list, go get 'em! lol

For the source code, Scott Holman would probably have it...then again, he might not.
Joel Koenigs might have it too...

But really, Charles Jacobi is here, Scott Holman and Joel Koenigs have addresses, Andrew Benson is talking and searching...And all the other ones (with emails) dont really hold much value to chexquest...

GameMaster

no,no its [real name]
how odd of a name
i think its swedish?

ChexCommander

Loremaster

Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

flemoidzorcher

wow I feel really happy now! I'm screamingflemoids on Youtube!!!!! 
:)  :D

Atariangamer

Hallo there! Welcome to the CQFF! I suggest you introduce yourself in the Introductions section...

But good job on thinking about that! I cant wait to get these (If Andrew still has them!)

Manny Cav

I have a feeling you read the YouTube message I sent you, but just didn't respond to it. :D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

GameMaster