GZDooM Patch Progress & Release Thread.

Started by Super Chex, August 05, 2008, 09:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

Quote from: Super Chex on August 07, 2008, 05:34:22 PM
One problem with my flemoid models (they don't look that great yet!). :-\... When I animate them (based on other GZDooM model packs) and load them into the game... they... don't... animate! HELP!!! :'(

If they are models, then they probably never will look good.

My opinion is that for DooM based games, models may be good for scenery, but sprites still look better for characters.

Atariangamer

Well, IMO, hes done a good job at converting a few things into models while keeping the cartoon look. Let him try it, and if its not good, we'll ask to remove it. Hes basing the stuff off the sprites anyway, so it should be okay.

However, Superchex, now that there is doubt in your skills, make some hi res sprites of the flemoids (if possible), and put the MODELDEF in, but easy to remove just in case they dont like em.

I'm gonna take this with open arms, especially to the fact that just because DooMers cant get their models right, doesnt mean Questers cant get it right. Plus, who knows! this might just work out.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Boingo the Clown

Atariangamer

My point exactly.

...(it doesnt really fit here, but it sounded cool to say)

I'm gonna post the previous Screens here...its a good thing to do:
(DIALUP BEWARE...Richie, now is a good time to integrate spoilers)

Some water glass models on hires floors with hires textures and old style flag in the background:

A fruitbowl that is stated as work in progress:

Second version of Lamps with 2nd version of flags in the background on hires flats:

Closer shot of second version flags:

New teleporter tube replacement:

Manny Cav

NO, THE BMP! IT BURNS! IT IS AN ABOMINATION! *wants a restriction on uploading BMP files into the gallery*. They DO look good, however. I like the flags in the third and fourth screenshots more so than the flags in the first two. The bowl of fruit also looks great. I would recommend adding the "H20" logo on the water glasses, though.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

mob720

Why you no like BMPs? They look fine to me.........

Put H2O on the water glasses!!! Hurry!!!!
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Atariangamer

Um...hold on:
Quote from: Super Chex
I DID add the H2O sighn... but you have to play to see it.

That was from the comments in the gallery. I guess the sign is on the backside...

Manny Cav

Quote from: mob720 on August 08, 2008, 12:53:47 AM
Why you no like BMPs? They look fine to me.........
Compare the file sizes between the BMP screenshots and the JPG screenshots. It's not the appearance, it's the file sizes. It wrecks havoc on dial-up. If one must preserve the full image quality, then upload them as PNGs.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Well, they are Portable Network Graphics...And we sure are browsing on a large one.

I said above that spoilers would be good here. Immah send that to richie.

Super Chex

If you don't want models you can just delete their coresponding pk3s from the "ChexQuest_HRP_base/patch_pk3s/models/...".

P.S. Check first post. ::)
:D :p

Atariangamer

YES!!! IS OUT!
Immah try an play then post mah notes...

mob720

Um, I can't even play the first level without having an error. Wait, do I have the right GZDoom Version?

I have v1.1.4

Atariangamer

try to get 1.1.0 or something. 1.1.4 broke TONS of mods and tools...

mob720

Wait nvm I figured out the problem: I didn't put TUCQ in the TUCQ wads folder. :D

I like!!! Although the flemoids are hard to zorch... I ran out of ammo on the first level. lol

The game is kinda unstable. Several times it's crashed...

Atariangamer

:( I noticed several errors...wanna take a look?

The water glasses seem to have bad clipping with other objects.
the h2o sign is really hard to see...and the cans have no label
I didn't see the hires textures and flats

M2:
There are 2 missing objects in the big room...just infront of the chaingun (using the 3rd difficulty)
the propulsor has a HUGE burn on the wall, and the red fading splat is way too big.

Thats as far as I can go right now. If any of those problems can be fixed by settings being different, please send me your .cfg so I can play right. :) I like what was there and working, tho.

EDIT: its not really even halfway finished...I looked in the pk3s, and some of the stuff he said wasn't in there. Also, some switches in the first episode don't animate, and there is no way to access the 2nd episode unless you go IDCLEV or 'map e2m1'.
IDK. Just work a bit more on it.