GZDooM Patch Progress & Release Thread.

Started by Super Chex, August 05, 2008, 09:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

Quote from: Manny Cav on August 08, 2008, 12:33:38 AM
NO, THE BMP! IT BURNS! IT IS AN ABOMINATION!

JPEGs an PNGs definitely do take up a lot less space, and are easier to download, especially for slower connections.

What do you think Treebeard?

Quote from: Treebeard

Haroom!

Now don't be hasty.

You must understand that it takes a very long time to download anything in BMP format, and we Ents never download anything unless it is worth taking a very long time.

Well, my recommendation is to please try using a compressed format like JPEG/JPG (smallest file size), or PNG (not as small, but lossless) for posting pics, or at least post via links.  Believe it or not, some people do have slower connections, especially in rural areas where high speed is simply not available.

Atariangamer

Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

mob720

Quote from: [CQ]Demois_Dacote on August 08, 2008, 10:30:32 PM

Same. But I seriously lol at that!! Is there anything that's worth downloading that takes several hours or days?

Note to people who have slow connections: get dual core. Then you can do stuff while downloading!!! :P ;D
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Atariangamer

Manny Cav

I just played around with the patch. I have these things to comment on:
  • The Flemoids didn't appear to be models. Odd.
  • I experienced no crashes, which is good.
  • Like Demois said before me, the "H20" writings on the glasses are hard to notice. They seem rather odd to follow, where it's clearer on the far side than on the near side. It's probably a problem with the 3D rendering, as well as related to the next issue.
  • There was an interesting anomaly with the way the water glasses were rendered.

They appear to be stacked on top of each other. This does not happen when they are viewed from the other direction.
  • The new Mini-zorcher pack model really doesn't look like the older sprite.
  • The slime repellent can looks rather bland and doesn't have any textures on it to match the old sprite.
  • There was a glitch were the fruit and vegetables could makes your health go to 200%, which is not supposed to happen. The fruit itself looked fantastic, though. I hope any future models of the vegetables and supercharge breakfasts look as good as the fruit.
  • I like how the Commonus and Bipedicus stopped shooting at long distances. Nice.
That's about it.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

hmm...mebe the patches are added wrong...immah edit the .bat file just to try something.

Super Chex

Heh... I finally release the patch... And I don't compile it correctly. The Hi-Res Stuff was meant to be separate, but I accidentally added them. Also, I screwed up the BAT. All should run now.

P.S. E2 works perfectly on my comp...
P.S.S. Check first post again. It so happens I misread my own to-do list. V2.5 is out, not 2.7! Flemoid models don't work yet so I left them out.
:D :p

Atariangamer

Hold on...I noticed nothing different...except the fact that I can see your hi res floors and the new sparkles...what changed?

There are still missing objects on some levels...
The switches dont animate...

But I found out what was wrong with E2...I was using the GZChex version...which blanks E2-4 out.

Super Chex

I'm currently working on the locks/switches to try and make them look right.

Fixed all of the rest of the missing objects. (New release in the next few days)

More hi-res stuff, including fixed alpha on the teleporter tubes, and some physics stuff. Also fixed the blood so that when you delete the model, Boingo's
green pool sprite shows instead.
:D :p

Frizkie

Batmanifestdestiny

I downloaded the basic thing, and all of the hi-res, but I have no models!  where do I get them?

EDIT:Got it!  THAT PATCH IS AMAZING!!!

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Atariangamer

Josh

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Josh