GZDooM Patch Progress & Release Thread.

Started by Super Chex, August 05, 2008, 09:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

unless I did something wrong, it did nothing...

First run, it gave me errors about the floorblood. I edited the BAT file to load each of the 'patch**.pk3's separately, in order. That worked, and I saw the new slime repel (GJ!). but after switching to the HUD bar, I saw the slimey chexface, and was able to pickup health past 100%, but stopping at 200%. So, not fixed.

I also noticed in the patch02 that you included more skins and such...didn't see em. So, either the patch does nothing, or a BAT upgrade is needed...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

TrueDude

Is it possible that a version of this could be created for the original Chex Quest rather than The Ultimate Chex Quest, then ported to Doomsday? (source port) I've been messing around with that at my brothers house, and it works much smoother than GZdoom.

Atariangamer

I think jDoom is a whole 'nother level...even though its designed for this stuff, it would require lots of learning on SuperChex's part. But, It should be bug free...especially since MANY model packs are already in existence, and learning would be easier.

ChexCommander

No.  Please don't.  I don't wish to download a whole nother source port for one frickin' game.  It'll eat up my HD space, and most likely slow down my PC.  No.  I do not like the idea.  GZDoom is my fave.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

...slam it harder next time.

Plus, he never said to give up on GZDoom, just to try to port to Doomsday. Also, making a full working patch for chex.wad would be better than a half working one for TUCQ...then when you get a full working patch, TUCQ isn't that far away...

...just a thought. and IMO, doing a Doomsday (or maybe risen 3d) port would be MUCH easier, as both of them were designed for that...but again, just a thought.

ChexCommander

Sorry, Atari.  I wasn't trying to slam it.  I was just stating my opinion on the matter.

However, I do think that a port to the original Chex Quest would be nice.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on August 19, 2008, 03:24:14 PM
...slam it harder next time.
Atariangamer, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean that they're trying to slam you or your ideas. Not everyone here shares the same opinions on everything, and we all bring different ideas to each other and how we think things should be done, but that doesn't mean we're slamming anything. Just something I'd like to note here.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

If you noticed, it wasn't my idea, it was...True_dude's. Also, by slamming it, I mean just giving it an absolute, no-nonsense NO...just commenting that he did that pretty hard.

Also, has anyone tried this latest release? I wanna know if its just my setup giving me problems...

The Green Avenger

downloaded the wholes schmere, but I only get the models for the slime containers.  I thought there were models for water glasses, fruit bowls, and flags if noting else, but they were their old, non-3d selves.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Lucius

I actually prefer sprites myself. However, Super chex's models are of commendable effort as I could never do anything like that myself.

And trust me everyone I've modded for doomsday and risen 3d in the past (for the same reason) and it is true that they are designed for 3d models, but believe me, in the long run you're going to switch back to zdoom. Theres just no comparison and gzdoom already has support for models. So what's the point of a doomsday port. I was making lost city II for doomsday and this was before gzdoom existed. Doomsday just didn't have the right features at all

Atariangamer

Did ya...switch? Is there a Lost City II somewhere that we could play? (i'd like to see a doom mod from you...)

But TGA, its really confusing to setup...IMO, it'd be better all in one patch, or a few patches placed in one folder. but alas...

Super Chex

Ok, first off... STOP messing with my patch! It works fine th way I do it.

What you need:

BOTH the 2.5 (or later) and update packs.

chex.wad renamed to doomu.wad in your gzdoom folder (NOT ChexQuest_HRP_base).

any TUCQ wadfile (put this in the folder called "TUCQ_wads" found in "ChexQuest_HRP_base") no others.

P.S. About the 'Skins': those were an expariment that failed, just ignore them.

P.S.S. About 'missing' models: you probably deleted the old model pk3s, the new pack only contains the slime-repellant, blood, and teleporter tubes. I will post a link to all of my models once their done.
(remember, I didn't mean to release them just yet.)

P.S.S.S. ;D I've almost finished the commonus model! It looks spookily close to the old one. WOOT!!! And I'm working on the cycloptis and biped as well. The 200% health is your ABSOLUTE LIMIT, you could do that in the original ChexQuest from the cereal boxes couldn,t you? if not I could make yet another update pack... :-\
:D :p

Atariangamer

I havent messed with it, the only release that worked to your descriptions was 2.7, and none of the other changes since then have worked, no matter which way I slice it...(Not even yours works, AFAIK)

Also, 200% is the ABSOLUTE limit...but you can only go to 100 normaly. Only health bonuses and Soulspheres (breakfasts) can get you past 100. Whats happening is that the engine says we're at half health when we're really at normal health. I shouldn't be able to pick up vegies at 100%+.

and I've set that all up right...it just doesn't seem to reflect your words. :-\

Super Chex

Well guys... I guess I should just finish it up, compile it all into one big pk3, then release it...

...I'm almost done with my commonus model! http://files.filefront.com/flemoid+peviewwmv/;11928997;/fileinfo.html
:D :p

Atariangamer

Nice! (I"M BEGGIN YA MODS/ADMINS, NO CLOSE)

I could live with that...and I would rather have one big pk3 than several addon pieces...