Do you use GL or Software?

Started by Lucius, August 06, 2008, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use GL or Software when running CQ in gzdoom / skulltag?

I use open GL
15 (83.3%)
I use sotware, but I could use GL
1 (5.6%)
I use software, I can't use GL
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Lucius

This is just to get a general idea of how you run CQ for compatibility purposes. Please post what you voted.

xbolt

TheMasterOfBattle

So far, I have used software.  I tried using Open GL, but it ran much slower.  Might be because I use Vista. :-\

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

GameMaster

software only, cant use opengl. graphics card cant handle it.

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

The Slimeinator

The Slimeinator uses OpenGL. He found out that SkullTag had an OpenGL feature that he did not know about. Now, it is turned on, and he is happier when he plays SkullTag. He would love to come play with you guys on Chex Quest United, but he can't because his connection as of late has become less supportive of SkullTag and such things.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

I play with OpenGL, as it is a smoother render, and has many positives to using it (DLights, true 3d, hires).

But I usually play with older source ports alot, and use Software for them. It just makes no sense, in our advanced world, to use Software when all else relys on some form of other rendering.

I prefer Software. Being so retro, I like teh pixelz...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

TheMasterOfBattle

pixelz are the Best!  Anyway, playing it using software allows me to run the game smoothly at 1680x1050 instead of 1028x768.  And I think it looks better(and runs much smoother) using Software for it.

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Atariangamer

Well, I have a good enough integrated graphics card to use opengl...

so? any other games that let you choose between hardware and software? and if so, which do you choose?

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

arch129

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on August 06, 2008, 09:36:00 PM
I prefer Software. Being so retro, I like teh pixelz...

I don't like the blur effect, In the options you can change it to make it pixley in OpenGL.

Atariangamer

That is one thing I've done in GZDooM...but cant remember what I did so I can do the same in Skulltag.

xbolt

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on August 06, 2008, 11:29:16 PM
That is one thing I've done in GZDooM...but cant remember what I did so I can do the same in Skulltag.

I think to do that, turn off the anti-aliasing.

Atariangamer

lol
there were other things also.

What lighting mode do you use? I've noticed DooM lighting to be to dark in newer maps (TNCQ:G2 for one), Legacy a bit too bright for the dark environment, and bright ... is okay, but too bright. I use Legacy just so I can see, but what does the difference make?