Any Flemoidus Calamus sprites?

Started by Zorchdude, August 15, 2008, 06:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Ventris

Where does the artwork for the flemoids come from? Meaning the art of the Quadrumpus next the Rampus sprite set? I've seen others like them, and would love to see them all! Some more examples are used in the CQ Generation 2 intermission screens.

Zorchdude

I know. That's why I hate MY sprites. I cannot sprite for utter crap, which is why I did not do this myself. Slimeinator, I asked RedBicedipus if he could send you the extra frames. :)
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

The Slimeinator

I asked him as well, a couple days ago.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Zorchdude

Could you atleast show an example? I'd like to update the wiki with an A8A2. :)
Narf.

Atariangamer

...okay.

@Cap'n: I really dont know...SOMEone got them somewhere, and all I've seen of them are the parts people cut out...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Replica on August 19, 2008, 01:04:54 AM

No offence, but I really don't think this is better (or even close) to being better then mine.
I don't know if I'm the only one bothered by this or not, but please, let's stop trying to prove that we're better than others, that others are worse than us, or saying that "your sprites suck" over and over again without even offering to help that person. This has been getting annoyingly common nowadays, and I'd like to see it stop right now.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Quote from: Manny Cav on August 19, 2008, 10:07:32 AM
Quote from: Replica on August 19, 2008, 01:04:54 AM

No offence, but I really don't think this is better (or even close) to being better then mine.
I don't know if I'm the only one bothered by this or not, but please, let's stop trying to prove that we're better than others, that others are worse than us, or saying that "your sprites suck" over and over again without even offering to help that person. This has been getting annoyingly common nowadays, and I'd like to see it stop right now.
You're not the only one, Manny.  I'm getting irked by this as well.  Let's not make this a flame war.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Manny Cav on August 19, 2008, 10:07:32 AMor saying that "your sprites suck" over and over again without even offering to help that person.

Ah, I'm glad you made that distinction. Criticism is a very necessary part of artwork.

However, flaming is not criticism. It's just flaming.

In other news, I would really like to find that artwork, heh. It's really bothering me now. XD

ChexCommander

Hm, yeah, I saw that the first time on the InvisionFree boards...I didn't know where it came from...I still don't...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

What artwork are we looking for, now? I'm a little lost over the fact that several different pieces of artwork have been mentioned and posted in this topic.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Manny Cav on August 19, 2008, 05:50:19 PM
What artwork are we looking for, now? I'm a little lost over the fact that several different pieces of artwork have been mentioned and posted in this topic.

The serious looking art of the Flemoids, take, for example, the cut-in-two drawing of a Quadrumpus pasted next to the Rampus in sprite set by Zorchdude posted above.

Also, the flemoid art used in the intermission screen for Generation 2.

Manny Cav

Ah. Pictures for all of the Flemoids like that, as well as Chexter, can be found, but they are of GIF quality, either because they were made as transparent GIFs, or because they were once in WADs. Are you talking about finding the original hi-res versions?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Manny Cav on August 19, 2008, 07:13:56 PM
Ah. Pictures for all of the Flemoids like that, as well as Chexter, can be found, but they are of GIF quality, either because they were made as transparent GIFs, or because they were once in WADs. Are you talking about finding the original hi-res versions?

Either or both. I'd like to see them, and if the Hi-res still exist, that would be awesome.

Zorchdude

I would like to see the image of the calamus A2A8 image, not have a flame war! I am typing on an iPhone just for THIS. Seriously. I'm dissapointed. I'm wasting my holiday just for you.

I hope you're happy.
Narf.

Atariangamer

...?

For who? and why worry about it! unless you got a deadly deadline...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.