Chex Trek update.

Started by Manny Cav, September 05, 2008, 08:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

After StoneyDumples announced here a year ago that he was leaving on a two-year trip and that Chex Trek would see no more releases, he said that the team was working on a new project. A year later, an update on that situation has arisen. On the main website, the new mod, which will be called "Violation Flemoid", was formally mentioned there, and a form was posted for everyone to submit feedback for Chex Trek. Also, it was posted here where the new website is and some of what is going on with Violation Flemoid. Check out the new website to find more information on the new project. It's not much, but there is some art there.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

oh man...has DooM 3's engine gone opensource yet? I wont be able to get it till it does ><
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

The Green Avenger

I don't know if it has, but when you click 'Buy' on the IDSoftware site, it says 'Backorder' or something.  Anyone know what this means?

Other than that, there are download links all over the place, but I don't know if they are anywhere near legal...
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Captain Ventris

Ew, their flemoid model contains a human skeleton under the surface!

Replica

Back order means it is not in stock right now. But they are getting in more.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on September 05, 2008, 08:40:39 PM
oh man...has DooM 3's engine gone opensource yet? I wont be able to get it till it does ><
This new project going to be for a new engine, not for the Doom 3 engine. StoneyDumples says that the engine used will be the Rage engine, codenamed Tech 5. Here's ye olde Wikipedia article.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

>< now i REALLY cant get it...

Josh

Quote from: Captain Ventris on September 05, 2008, 09:29:44 PM
its a beta give it a break  ;D

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Josh on September 06, 2008, 09:22:19 PM

No, it's awesome! They said they wanted to make it for a more adult audience.

I mean, really. How would a slime monster look in real life? Pretty screwed up. I'd totally run.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Captain Ventris on September 06, 2008, 09:24:45 PM
Quote from: Josh on September 06, 2008, 09:22:19 PM

No, it's awesome! They said they wanted to make it for a more adult audience.

I mean, really. How would a slime monster look in real life? Pretty screwed up. I'd totally run.
The original Chex Quest is noted for having a cartoon appearance to the graphics. The Chex Quest menu hints at this, comparing the game to a Saturday morning cartoon.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

That flemoid looks pretty frickin awesome, tho...I don care what you say...and the skeleton could help with corpse problems (if there are any)

Batmanifestdestiny

habudaba....habudabi.....hubaibaibaiduuuuuu........

I just saw the Id Tech 5 tech demo thingy.....it's so....beautiful........why doesn't Id make T games?? TT_TT

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Replica

Because they want to make M games.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on September 25, 2008, 09:33:19 PM
habudaba....habudabi.....hubaibaibaiduuuuuu........

I just saw the Id Tech 5 tech demo thingy.....it's so....beautiful........why doesn't Id make T games?? TT_TT

Because they make Action games, and Action Games are done no favors by limiting the gore, since they could have EPIC GORE PHYSIX!!11!!SHIFT!!!11!

It's all good once you're old enough to buy them yourself. ;)

Batmanifestdestiny

The thing is, I don't plan on ever buying any more M games (I had a quick run in with them a while back....but I got rid of 'em) and so I'm hoping that someday ID will make a T game...

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!