Bugs In Chex Quest 3

Started by arch129, September 08, 2008, 11:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dvader0086

nope don't have it...

oops sorry

Manny Cav

I always wondered why images looked like that in XWE. Guess it's a bug in the XWE program, because images like that look fine in SLumpEd.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

arch129

Ok, This works for me.
Theres a single black dot in the corner, it shouldn't show in the game because that regoin is hidden.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Manny Cav

This would make it easier for those who use mostly XWE, but otherwise, there is no reason to alter the original image, as everything runs like a zipper in SLumpEd, making changes like that unnecessary. Still, an okay fix for die-hard XWE users.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Chukker

There is a new build uploaded, with many of these bugs addressed. The major ones I wanted to address right away were the lock settings in E3M2 and increased ammo on all maps for easy/medium. Plus particle blood fixed with the new exe. I appreciate everybody's help in finding and documenting these bugs, it will help Chex 3 be a better experience as a result.

Zorchdude

It also appears in other places around E1M1, most notably the secret door.
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Alehkhs

Hmmm... I get a weird clipping issue and resulting "wall" on one of the "Refrigerated Storage" lifts in E1M2

Anyone else get this one? It's the RS room where the lift is to the left as you enter.

TheMasterOfBattle

I haven't gotten that far yet, haven't had the time to play through it yet. :(

Welcome to the forums though! :)

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Chukker

Okay, fixed those. Grab latest. That was a bit careless of me. Never again will I assume a 8x16 pure white texture is not used anywhere. I tried to reproduce the error by the E1M2 lift but no luck. If you could post a screen, it would be useful to track down the error. Also I did a re-paint on the skybox for episode 2. I never liked the original... now the lights are on in Chex City!

Alehkhs

Quote from: Chukker on September 12, 2008, 10:13:20 AM
I tried to reproduce the error by the E1M2 lift but no luck. If you could post a screen, it would be useful to track down the error.

Yup, here you go. Note that both of these images are taken from the exact same spot, only the bottom on is when the lift is "down" (also, needed to rotate a bit to show the actual error, otherwise it just looks like the lift is still up). The clipping/smear acts as a wall and won't allow player to use lift to go up.

The Green Avenger

Looks like the lift's back wall is missing a lower texture...  Usually we just call that the hall of mirrors.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Chukker

Thanks for the pics, I think its fixed now.

Alehkhs

Indeed.

Awesome, I've been itching to play CQ again since I lost my disc years ago, but to get CQ 1, 2 AND NOW 3(!) is more than I could have ever dreamed of!