Bugs In Chex Quest 3

Started by arch129, September 08, 2008, 11:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

Pinned topics are exempt, but Richie never got around to correcting that rule to say that they are, so it still looks like necromancy when it isn't. I told him to post in this topic, anyway. I wouldn't tell someone to break the rules, would I? :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

IDK, you're quite the mad person. ::)

@WildGoose: You're not going to get a update any time soon. I suggest that you download doom Builder, and add them yourself.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

TheMasterOfBattle

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 24, 2009, 11:41:45 AM
I wouldn't tell someone to break the rules, would I? :P

Probably not, but then again, it could just be Manny being Manny. XD

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Replica on March 24, 2009, 12:10:02 PM
Oh me, oh my! Is this an "insult" to my name? :P
@WildGoose: You're not going to get a update any time soon. I suggest that you download doom Builder, and add them yourself.
I strongly recommend against this. We really shouldn't be messing with his WAD, since it isn't ours, and he has the official version on his own website. Think of the confusion with all of the possible different versions floating around! Not good.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

matthias720

My apologies.  I didn't know that.  Duly noted for next time. ;)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Replica

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 24, 2009, 01:10:47 PM
Oh me, oh my! Is this an "insult" to my name? :P
I strongly recommend against this. We really shouldn't be messing with his WAD, since it isn't ours, and he has the official version on his own website. Think of the confusion with all of the possible different versions floating around! Not good.

No, it's not. It's a compliment... in a way. XD

I never said he should upload it. ;)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

If he's going to be doing COOP with his friends, he's going to have to upload a corrected WAD for them, trashing the whole thing. This is something Chukker has to do.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Quote from: matthias720 on March 24, 2009, 11:26:17 AM
Quote from: Official Board Rules
3.  Bumping veteran topics (topics where 60 days have passed since the last post) is not allowed.  Fan Projects, Forum Games, and Off Topic Discussions are exempt from this rule.

Please read the board rules first, and then introduce yourself in the Introduction section.  Thanks.

Here we go with the whole BSM-ing thing with the people modding who don't know the rules....but it's okay. You're updated now.

Hm, I haven't heard from Chuck in a looooooooooongcat time. Maybe we'll have to email him.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

I've already sent PM signal. ;)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Chukker

Hey guys, I've uploaded a new wad at the usual place, primarily to fix the missing coop start locations and to incorporate E3M4 and E3M5 soundtracks composed by Strife. I think they are very good tracks and now all 15 levels have unique music.

As has been requested by numerous people, the download page on chucktropolis.com now features a version number so you know if you are have the latest. There is also a version.txt file in the download outlining changes from previous versions. I will try to make some time to address more of the texture bugs and other suggestions, but anything that requires recompiling the exe like the cheat codes I might leave alone. Editing code and recompiling can often lead to unknowingly creating new bugs. We'll see.

xbolt

Woohoo! New musiks! I'm liking them. ;D

And now, come summer, we can all have fun romping through the game together! :D

Manny Cav

Here's a list of bugs and other things of note that are still present.

• The "mikekoenigs" and "scottholman" cheats are reversed. I know you stated that you're aware of this. I'm just putting this up for future reference.
  • The "sherrill" cheat doesn't seem to work, though that's one of them things you need to edit the source code for.
  • The Flemkeys have the same HUD icons as the regular keys.
  • The "mikekoenigs" cheat also messes up the HUD bar. There are "combination icons" for having both color Keys, but since you didn't replace them, we get to see ZDoom's key cards and skull keys.
  • E1M1: There's a controversial exit at around IDMYPOS at X: -819 and Y: -908. Opening the large hanger door and using the left edge activates a secret exit.
  • E1M1: The area with the Rapid Zorcher has been made into two separate secret areas when it should be a single secret area.
  • E1M3: The first area with a Computer Area Map has been messed up like the E1M1 area--the room should be a single secret area, not two.
  • E1M5: The waterfall in the shortcut to the Flembrane acts like a door.
  • E1M5: Two hidden Flemoid "caches" don't work properly because of 'clipped things,' making seven Flemoids unable to be zorched without cheating. There is a Cycloptis and four Commoni near IDMYPOS X: 1354, Y: -33, Z: 64, and two Commoni at X: 872, Y: 305, Z: 320.
  • E2M3: The door that reveals the LAZ Device, bowl of vegetables, and two Quadrumpi is faulty. It closes, but the one in the original CHEX2.WAD doesn't.
  • E3M2: Past the yellow key door, the walkway, and the two mini zorch packs, there are two black doors. The second one is a one-time use door on both sides.
  • E3M3: The secret door next to the Mona List painting that leads to the LAZ Device and phasing zorcher pack is one-time use on the side with the painting.
  • E3M4: The small bridge at IDMYPOS X: -2940, Y: -2493, Z: 250 has a minor texture error. The left and right sides where the water passes through are aligned differently, making for an odd bridge.
  • E3M4: There's a "clipped" Larva near the bowl of vegetables.
  • E3M5: The door leading to the yellow flemkey opens at different speeds, depending on which side you open it on. The doors past the blue and red key doors also do the same thing. This may be a thing affected all doors that can be opened with a switch on one side, and with a regular use on the other side.
  • E3M5: There's an unusually dark wall just beyond the yellow key door. I've seen more of these, but I"m not sure how many, if any, are deliberate.
  • E3M5: The door leading to the Flem Mines near the red key has "slippery sides" that open with it.
  • E3M5: The red flemkey doesn't seen obtainable without jumping.
  • E3M5: It's also possible to get stuck with the red flemkey, because both doors are one-time use on the ends leading out.
  • E3M5: The graphics file WILV24 says that the level name is METEOR SPACESHIP, but LANGUAGE says this in line 60: HUSTR_E3M5 = "E3M5: Meteor Spacecraft";. These two names need to be reconciled.
  • Player Deathmatch starts would be nice.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Woot! No more telefrag madness! Let's Skulltag CQ3! However, I wouldn't mind some DM starts as well.  And the music is great!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

arch129

Thanks Chukker for updating the Wad with the new music by Strife, it really helps give the new levels the atmosphere. ^^

I can only remember there being some graphical bugs, but besides that I think Chex Quest 3 is about finished.

Manny Cav

I've found a new issue. On E1M1, it appears that the area with the Rapid Zorcher was somehow made to be two different secret areas, where in the original WAD, the area with the Rapid Zorcher is a single secret area. The Chex Quest 3 E1M1 has 3 total secret areas, but the original WAD has only 2 total secret areas.

I might find more errors of this kind, since I'm currently in the process of writing a walkthrough for Chex Quest 3.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010