Bugs In Chex Quest 3

Started by arch129, September 08, 2008, 11:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

Yeah, in the original CQ, just before you get to the red key, the top of the pedastal has a map, and if you stand there it hurts you. And I always wondered why there was 2 maps on only 1 level...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Quote from: xbolt on May 03, 2009, 10:35:11 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav on May 03, 2009, 05:45:16 PM
E1M3: There's a second Computer Area Map in the yellow key door path, but it's on a damaging sector similar to the one that used to be in E2M5 that appears to be an ordinary floor.

That's there in the original game, isn't it?
Yes, but part of this is fixing stuff from the original game, like the pits on E2M4 you couldn't escape from.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Rendering error. I also cant get through the window, and there seems to be nothing else there...

Manny Cav

Good eye! I'll add that to the list.

E2M4: At around IDMYPOS X: -1262, Y: 554, Z: 128 there's a window that 'floats' around.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

pikmintaro

In Chex Quest 3 on the second level there is a vent with an elevator in it but the elevator doesn't work... I looks like it is trying to work I mean it sort of jerks in place and makes the elevator noise but it wont move.

I don't know if it is supposed to do this but when I have tried stepping on it and running onto it and all sorts of things but it doesn't work I heard it was supposed to be one of the secret areas but it doesn't tell me "You revealed a secret!" or something like that so I think it must be at the top of the elevator.

Ah yes, I noticed that elevator too. That's in E3M2

That one always gave me trouble, you have to run REALLY fast to get into the elevator before it rises and bonks your head, causing it to go back down again.

Maybe make it rise a bit slower?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Manny Cav

It might not be a glitch per se, but even if it isn't, it's sure annoying. I'm going to add it just in case.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

It's because of the super cycloptis.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

I'm taking a bugrun through CQ3 1.2

IDMYPOS true and Print Screen on the ready. I've already seen a fewthings, so expect a bit. ;)

The Slimeinator

Quote from: Replica on May 14, 2009, 11:28:32 AM
It's because of the super cycloptis.

No. It's because of something in the engine involving collision checks or some such nonsense.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Replica

In legacy, you would, if you got under something on an elevator, be pushed into a secret world. If you infact do this in ZDoom, it makes the elevator not move so this doesn't happen. ;)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

It's simple logic. The low ceiling cuts off right at the lift. As soon as the player steps on the lift, the lift begins to go up. The player has a very limited time to make it across the rising lift before the top of the player hits the low ceiling, causing an interruption in the lift, making it lower.

At least that's what it seems like. There may be an underlying bug, improperly tagged sector, etc. that may be causing this, but based on lift behavior, it looks like what I posted first is the case.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

pikmintaro

I'm sorry if I'm wrong and just wasting space but I tried running onto it really fast and all sorts of stuff, but it didn't work!  :o

The Slimeinator

The lifts work in GZdoom just fine.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

The million dollar question, though, is if it works in chex3.exe (it does for me, but like I posted, I have to try a few times before getting success).
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010