Bugs In Chex Quest 3

Started by arch129, September 08, 2008, 11:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

I have to use the Turbo console command to get them to work. *shrug*
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 14, 2009, 11:28:32 PM
The million dollar question, though, is if it works in chex3.exe (it does for me, but like I posted, I have to try a few times before getting success).

that's a no. In Zdoom, It works, but you really have to book it into that vent to get on the elevator in good time. It takes quite a bit of practice to get it on your first try. I can do it, but I've beaten the game about a hundred times by now.

also, minor texture error

found here

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Manny Cav

The only thing wrong I see there is at X: -2474, Y: 2195, Z: 300 (where you are), where the left track is aligned differently than the right track.

EDIT: Remember, when you're taking screenshots, don't forget to type KIMHYERS (for chex3.exe) or IDMYPOS (for other engines) so the coordinates of where you are are shown on the screenshot! This really helps Chukker find stuff.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Quote from: Replica on May 14, 2009, 09:52:44 PM

In legacy, you would, if you got under something on an elevator, be pushed into a secret world. If you infact do this in ZDoom, it makes the elevator not move so this doesn't happen. ;)
Where on earth have you been? I've played with it WAY more than you it seems, because that has never happened on any map i've tried. Mostly because this is a Doom thing, not a ZDooM/Legacy thing. Also, if you do 3D lifts, it will just stop on top of you (but a good mapper knows this and makes safeguards against it). D:<

But i'm almost done, should post some stuff on monday. (and sorry if there will be any repeats :()
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

I will graft any findings into my list upon checking them out.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Quote from: Atariangamer on May 15, 2009, 08:43:53 AM
Quote from: Replica on May 14, 2009, 09:52:44 PM

In legacy, you would, if you got under something on an elevator, be pushed into a secret world. If you infact do this in ZDoom, it makes the elevator not move so this doesn't happen. ;)
Where on earth have you been? I've played with it WAY more than you it seems, because that has never happened on any map i've tried. Mostly because this is a Doom thing, not a ZDooM/Legacy thing. Also, if you do 3D lifts, it will just stop on top of you (but a good mapper knows this and makes safeguards against it). D:<

But i'm almost done, should post some stuff on monday. (and sorry if there will be any repeats :()

Get a friend to play with you over a lan or what ever, then stand on a down lift, get your friend to jump onto of your head, and you'll be shoved through the ground. I'd know, considering I've play over the LAN on legacy a lot.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Quote from: Replica on May 15, 2009, 12:52:56 PM
Get a friend to play with you over a lan or what ever, then stand on a down lift, get your friend to jump onto of your head, and you'll be shoved through the ground. I'd know, considering I've play over the LAN on legacy a lot.
Ok, you win. ;) The multiplayer coding is UBER BUGGY, and that does happen.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Quote from: Manny Cav on May 15, 2009, 01:14:04 AM
The only thing wrong I see there is at X: -2474, Y: 2195, Z: 300 (where you are), where the left track is aligned differently than the right track.

EDIT: Remember, when you're taking screenshots, don't forget to type KIMHYERS (for chex3.exe) or IDMYPOS (for other engines) so the coordinates of where you are are shown on the screenshot! This really helps Chukker find stuff.

I did say it was minor  ;)

Yeah, I forgot what the CQ code was for IDMYPOS, I usually use the console for the CQ3 engine
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Manny Cav

Updates below. The main list is here.

• E3M5: At X: -2474, Y: 2195, Z: 300, a door has it's left track is aligned differently than it's right track.
  • STKEYS3-8 have pixel offsets one pixel too low, causing some of them to get clipped at the bottom.
  • STKEYS3-5 have useless pixel data on the first two image lines, causing them to be pushed too far to the right.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Lee-king

This isn't exactly a bug, but the "cook-guy" in the first level of Terror In Chex City isn't there unlike the original.

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Chukker

Yeah the missing cook... I never did like that he was just a motionless prop like a statue. I wanted to make a full set of sprites for him and turn him into a bot that runs around the kitchen. I might still do that but it's just a lot of sprite work for a character that only shows up in one place.

Manny Cav

I'm sure we have a lot of mod makers here that would be eager to use the new version if he were to be made. ;)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Quote from: Chukker on May 22, 2009, 01:38:25 PM
Yeah the missing cook... I never did like that he was just a motionless prop like a statue. I wanted to make a full set of sprites for him and turn him into a bot that runs around the kitchen. I might still do that but it's just a lot of sprite work for a character that only shows up in one place.

Oh my goodness... o_o

I for one would be greatful if you did that 'cause that would be awesome!  ^^

xbolt

All fans of the Chef, raise your hand! ;D

*raises hand*