Bugs In Chex Quest 3

Started by arch129, September 08, 2008, 11:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

this is to aid speedruns...i think XD
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

A couple things

in E1M4, the space under this hole seems to hurt chexter,

Also

A locker got clipped on the end of this texture in E1M3
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

Random Note:
I NEVER noticed how big E1M5 was...last time I took the long way was when I first got it...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

I NEVER take the long way, even the first time I did it I did the secret. I didn't know what the rest of the level looked like until I got to the bonus level in TNCQ G2. XD After that I always looked at the whole thing in playthroughs.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

I know! I played the long way maybe once or twice as a kid, then always took the waterfall route. The regular way was just so big and twisty. Then again, being the final level in the game, maybe that's what it should have been. But I liked cutting to the chase. And I didn't use cheats back then.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Datra

the only time I went the long way was when CQ3 came out.

and in E3M2 with the secret elevator, the front texture of it is either nonexistant or bugged to the point where it blurs everything else until the elevator comes back down.
CQHD Community Dev

Lee-king

Quote from: 75 on July 02, 2009, 05:34:43 PM

Hmm...I never noticed that.

protodermitus

Quote from: 75 on July 02, 2009, 05:34:43 PM
A couple things

in E1M5, the space under this hole seems to hurt chexter,

Also

The one on E1M5 won't hurt you when you have a slime-proof suit on, so there must be an invisible slime pool there.
And I noticed the slime floor in the room with the LAZ device in E1M5 won't hurt hurt you.

Replica

There's a accidental mess up in that sector, where pain is turned on. There's no "Secret slime pool." ;)

I think that was done on purpose because it would be very... mean to place a LAZ on the end of a pain inflicted slime pool. (If you have low health, it could kill you. >.<)

Welcome to the forums! Can I suggest posting a topic in the introduction section? Well, enjoy you're stay, and make sure you look over the forum rules!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

It wouldn't be mean... you should have to have a challenge to get the LAZ.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

xbolt

I think that LAZ area is intentional... That slime didn't hurt you way back in the original.

LAZ Trooper

Wrong texture at the back door of Chex Lodge in E3M4

It looks like the one at the front door was caught already, but this one wasn't...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Awesomedude249

I've found some bugs in E1M1, E1M2, and E1M3 that aren't exactly major bugs, just some minor cosmetic changes.
First, in E1M1, at the end, these stairs should have a more blue texture on some of the parts:

2nd, in this transporter area in E1M2, there's a texture that shouldn't be here. I think a transport area wall texture should be in this spot.

3rd, in this secret transporter area in E1M3, this ledge texture is a little...bland. A transporter texture here would look better.

4th, in this secret area in E1M2, this Digital Cafe logo is in a pit that is +1 lower than the actual floor.

Again, this texture looks wrong here in this transport area.

Same with this locker, the texture just doesn't fit.

It also clips right here.

And finally, this wall looks weird in front of the slime splatter.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

noob1234

It's been years; this isn't gonna get fixed...

Drwalrustein

Then why don't you do a wad to fix the bugs then everyone will be happy.