Back from...nowhere

Started by chrismorris730, September 15, 2008, 10:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrismorris730

Like anyone noticed I was gone, but I got a new computer (with vista. blech.) and i'm gonna start playing CQ on the side again as I did during the summer.

What all have I missed? are there any new versions of the CQ lounge out? I'll lurk around for a bit to get caught up. I see CQ 3 is out. I'll be downloading that.

A couple questions: A) will CQ work at all on vista? and B) Will it work on linux? (if so, how? I'm gonna be trying out kubuntu tomorrow and i'd like to know what all I can do with it if we have any linux users here)

Thanks! :D

Captain Ventris

CQ3 is amazing, and the CQ Lounge is up to version 23.

Get on Ventris' Server when you can, lol.

TheMasterOfBattle

I know it works on vista (i have it), I have no idea about Linux though. :-\

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

chrismorris730

And your server runs CQ on the weekends? I think i read that...

I know that braincandy is a linux user. I would assume that you could run it. I just need to know if you need an emu to do it.

and Version 23?!?! jeez. Last I knew it was version 12 i think. You guys have been busy. I'll have to copy all my stuff over tomorrow from the machine i used to play it on. i don't wanna have to download it all again  :-\

TheMasterOfBattle

Quote from: chrismorris730 on September 15, 2008, 11:37:10 PM
I know that someone here is a linux user...i can't place her name off the top of my head but I remember her saying something about it. i'll find out in time :D
That would be Brain Candy

Dvader0086

and yes they have doom generators that work on linux

chrismorris730

yes i literally JUST edited my post haha

TheMasterOfBattle

chrismorris730

On a side note...i can't get CQ Lounge to run correctly. I have it set up identical to the way i had it on the other PC but all i get is Doom2 levels!

'Tis quite frustrating. I can't figure out why.

start gzdoom.exe -Iwad TNCQG2.wad -file CQloungev10.wad

That's in my batch file.

The Green Avenger

Wait, what version of the lounge are you using?
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

TheMasterOfBattle

chrismorris730

oops i knew that i just returned it to the original code. I had CQLounge23 in there. It doesn't work anyway :/

chrismorris730

Yeah i definitely forgot where i was running the Lounge variants, turns out i had all of them in a different folder, running properly.

FAIL.

EDIT: I lied. It still doesn't work. It's probably something so stupidly simple only I would forget about it.

Richie

I'm an Ubuntu user.  :)

You can easily play the original Chex Quest on both Windows Vista and GNU/Linux by using DOSBox.  Most of our mods will also work on both operating systems, because there are both Windows and GNU/Linux versions of Doom Legacy, GZDoom, Skulltag, etc.  (Note: GZDoom only works in GNU/Linux if you compile it from the source code.)  Your problem will be with .WAD editing.  There are no good .WAD editors for Linux.  The few that exist are experimental.

Here's the link for DOSBox:
http://www.dosbox.com/

TheMasterOfBattle

I haven't needed to use Dos-Box to run CQ though. :-\