Back from...nowhere

Started by chrismorris730, September 15, 2008, 10:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie

Quote from: TheMasterOfBattle on September 16, 2008, 06:24:10 PM
I haven't needed to use Dos-Box to run CQ though. :-\

You can run it without DOSBox, but I've never been able to get sound to work.  (I'm talking about the original Chex Quest - not TUCQ or some other recent mod.)

TheMasterOfBattle

hmm..., I would have t find the original .exe than. :-\

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

The Slimeinator

Quote from: chrismorris730 on September 16, 2008, 12:17:31 AM
start gzdoom.exe -Iwad TNCQG2.wad -file CQloungev10.wad

There is your fail. You need TNCQG2IWAD.wad instead of the expansion pack (TNCQG2.wad).
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

brain candy

Quote from: Richie on September 16, 2008, 06:07:02 PM
I'm an Ubuntu user.  :)

You can easily play the original Chex Quest on both Windows Vista and GNU/Linux by using DOSBox.  Most of our mods will also work on both operating systems, because there are both Windows and GNU/Linux versions of Doom Legacy, GZDoom, Skulltag, etc.  (Note: GZDoom only works in GNU/Linux if you compile it from the source code.)  Your problem will be with .WAD editing.  There are no good .WAD editors for Linux.  The few that exist are experimental.

Here's the link for DOSBox:
http://www.dosbox.com/
Bingo.  ;D

I'm an Ubuntu and Suse user and this is how I do it.

chrismorris730

Quote from: The Slimeinator on September 16, 2008, 07:09:17 PM
There is your fail. You need TNCQG2IWAD.wad instead of the expansion pack (TNCQG2.wad).

Yeah i still get doom2.

EDIT: When I use the "good" configuration that works (Last one I used was v10, so that's the last one that works) it starts right up with the lounge.

BUT as soon as I put the v23 wad in the file and change the bath file I get doom2.

>.<