Author Topic: On downloading youtube videos...  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
On downloading youtube videos...
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:10:51 PM »
I have been trying to download youtube videos, because I go to some places where there is no internet, and I like to show people what I find. Well, I tried most of them, but recently they won't work. Does anyone know whats up, and how to fix?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: On downloading youtube videos...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »
If you're asking how to download YouTube videos, I use http://keepvid.com/. It's basic and simple, but it works. If you want more options, try looking here for more options. I find it hand to add to my playlist or list of favorites on my YouTube account whenever I find a video that I download and want to keep.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
A HA! Manny Cav, You are a LIFESAVER!!! but I did have to add to my playlists...odd.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 12:33:33 AM »
You don't have to add to your playlist. You don't even have to view the video. Just paste the video URL into the website, and download it. You'll need a FLV video player (here's an example of a good free one) if you download it in a normal, raw, FLV file. Some of the other sites in the list link that I provided can even convert the videos to more versatile formats, or so I hear. However, to maintain the original quality for future uses (Some videos DO go BOOM on YouTube. It's happened to some of my favorites before.), I would just keep the original FLV file and use the free player.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:36:00 AM by Manny Cav »
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 12:56:57 AM »
I had some downloaded and playing on appalian flv player...pretty good, but a bit buggy. I'm looking for a screen capture next, to catch some stuff on the games. I'm going to post a video containing a bit of stuff from all major mods!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting