Original CQ Web Site

Started by damien, March 24, 2009, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

I just came across a copy of Frontpage 2003. If I can get it up and working, i'll find the scans and try my hand at a remake.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

wiweeyum

Gimp is a great top end image editor that's free under the GPL license. No steal involved. It's generally considered the free photoshop.

ChexCommander

Quote from: wiweeyum on April 14, 2009, 02:22:40 AM
Gimp is a great top end image editor that's free under the GPL license. No steal involved. It's generally considered the free photoshop.

Of course it is. It's got a lot of PS for the home user, only lacking in some more complex and professional tasks, which it can probably perform better than GIMP. But overall, yeah, it would prolly be good for a website.  ;)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

damien

QuoteI would like to see the Original, non-edited version first, then maybe an Enhanced version.

Wow, I didn't expect that.  Well, like the site indicates, I did already go to the trouble of making a non-modified version first.  This time I'll just upload 'em as zips 'cause it'll take a lot less time for me.  I haven't made them Firefox-compatible yet, but I'll do that sometime.

http://dsr.rewound.net/chexweb/original.zip - original version HTML-ized with no textual enhancements

http://dsr.rewound.net/chexweb/updated.zip - enhanced and updated version

I won't upload the scans or enhanced (not updated) version unless someone wants them.

Atariangamer

I like the original. And THANK YOU for doing this in zip format (it now works with firefox as its just simple stuff)

HOWEVER, the tables in the FAQ have been destroyed. If its fixable, do it, if not...i'd be fine with a table.

And now, in its entirety, it looks nice! Just gonna take ALOT of work restoring the pictures found only in the scans...

Manny Cav

The tables were always "destroyed" in the scanned pictures.

Anyway, perhaps this will make up for ivhimss' website disappearing.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

O_O! his page went down? man...

but this looks the same if not better than that.

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

It's been down longer then I've been here...
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 15, 2009, 10:46:10 PM
The tables were always "destroyed" in the scanned pictures.

Anyway, perhaps this will make up for ivhimss' website disappearing.
Quote from: Atariangamer on April 16, 2009, 08:25:11 AM
O_O! his page went down? man...

but this looks the same if not better than that.
Quote from: Replica on April 16, 2009, 11:34:14 AM

It's been down longer then I've been here...

WAT
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

I swear I went to it just a few months ago! Saw his CQ Deep Sea adventure thing...or whatever it was.

Manny Cav

My records show it went down sometime prior to 9/21/2008. Anyway, the link was formerly ivhimss Chex Quest Fan Site.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

You're talking about his version of the orginal CQ site right?

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

I must of never been there untill it was down then... I had doubts because of the deep sea talk.