Chex Squadron, the Role Play

Started by The Green Avenger, April 14, 2009, 01:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

Molly was trying to open up the door with her bare hands, but with no luck.  "Rrrgh... Someone help me with this door!" Molly shouted.  Peter was about to rush over and help, but then a strange object landed on the Landing Strip then green figure almost glided out of what looked like the door of the ship then over too the commanders ship.  The green figure's hands touched the door Molly was trying to open, in almost an instant the hands where stuck on.  In a swinging motion the green figure tore of the door of the ship.

Suddenly Peter and Molly realized what was in front of them, it was a flemoid!  It's slimey head rotated to there direction.
"GAH!" Peter yelled.
"AHH!" Molly cried.
Peter, Molly and Milk started running in fear of this flemoid who got on the Landing Strip.  Milk ran to his ship and closed the door.  Peter and Molly ran to the door of the ship.  The first door of the air lock closed, but Peter was eager to get past the second.  The two drawed there Zorchers after getting inside the ship.

"What about the commander?" Peter gasped out after running so hard.
"We won't be any help if we get slimed." Molly replied.
"I guess your right, but we can't leave him out there, he needs our help."

There where other people in the landing strip Peter saw trying to help, he wondered if they where OK, he thought he saw Barthelochex there.  The maintenance crew causally walked into the room where Peter and Molly where in after running from the flemoid.
"You two seem relaxed for a flemoid invasion." Peter said to the crew members.
"It's quiet up here all the action is on floor A; we aren't trained with Zorchers so we are staying up here." The taller of the crew said.
"We got into the Maintenance Room on floor B; we might be able to fix whats wrong from there." The shorter of the crew said.

And then Molly just remembered something.  She saw while ago in the laboratories the new Zorcher Ceiling Turrets they installed though out the IFOC ship.
"The Zorcher Ceiling Turrets! Can you get them to work?" Molly asked the crew members.
"Well I know they work just not sure how to get them to work... I think Buff knows how to operate them." The taller said.

The Slimeinator

Green Wing wrenched the emergency door off of its hinges, glad to see that the occupents were protected by oxygen masks. He wasn't surprised that they fled from him as well - he WAS a Flemoid, after all. He entered an airlock after them, and noticed a computer screen on the wall, stating the date. Green Wing did a double take. He read the time at the bottom of the screen, and made an amazing discovery.

He had traveled 10 years into the past.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

brain candy

Name: Amity Smith
Male/Female: Female
Height: 5'4"
Hair/Eyes: dark hair, green eyes
Assignment: Communications Tech

Amity was a daydreamer-- there was nothing better to do as a Comm Tech trainee on the off hour shifts. Other than the few messages routed to her that punctuated her day, Amity felt disconnected from the rest of the base. A bomb could go off and she wouldn't know. No one bothered telling her anything.

Behind her, the communications terminal worked silently.  She liked to think it was powered by the vibrations of the universe and the spiraling of galaxies and like a spider's threads, it pulled all the stories onwards through time. It pulled each one towards it's inevitable end.

Amity was just about to enter another deep daydream when, startled to attention, she nearly fell out of her chair as dampened, foreign sounds thundered and echoed down the dark, empty halls of the communications bunker, located in the lower levels of landing strip facility. Maybe some kind of ship, she thought. In the background a half-tuned communications terminal came to life and crackled with distorted questions, then faded. The words trailed off into space-squeaks and fuzz.

"What is going on out there?" She tried her voice and it came out softer than she had expected, like she was not sure it was really hers. She shook as more thundering rolled down the hallway, this time louder. It felt like the planet was churning under her feet. Amity pulled her legs up into the chair. Alone in her dark workspace, she listened, heart racing.

The Slimeinator

Green Wing calmly assessed the situation. He had traveled 10 years into the past through a warp rift. He remembered that this was just after the attacks on Bazoik. He knew what he had to do.

The inner airlock opened as the chamber pressurized. Green Wing proceeded inside, adsorbing (making an external layer out of) any stray slime that he found, intending to return it to its owner, or use it as a shield should a combat situation develop. His countenance was unreadable as he began to think of a plan to stop this entire fracas before it ever started. However, he decided, he would have to convince the occupants of this base that he did not, in fact, wish to devour them all.

Zorchdude

Xplfnt fumbled with the dictionary. It was very intresting. He had never seen so many words. He had recently learned of PIE (although it was not as appealing as cake), TOAST (Now that was nice.) and JELLY (The British variant, which means Jello and not Jam. He had no idea what those words were).
He could also construct small sentences with his captor now.

"Captor, Why you have taken me?" It was very hard. The words were confusing, and they had vowels. Vowels are very hard to pronounce when you share your nose with your mouth.
"I have taken you to learn your motives. Why? Why do you slime?" the man said. His name was Brandon Breadman. Names were getting easier to remember by the minute. He had finally learnt his real name by now.
Xplfnt went to the dictionary and looked up MOTIVES. It was a fancy word for REASON TO DO STUFF, basically.

"Because... Zorchers hurt us. They rip us up and place us in hostile places. You carry Zorchers. I did not slime you because you are defenceless and have no terrible Zorcher. Only the larvae slime all, because they are young and mad. We also slime for food. Our home planet was sucked dry of resources."
He replied, "But what about the attack on Chex City? There was a chef, scarred for life, and many slimed children."

I stood there. Children? Then I remembered seeing many Quadrumpi group up at a school and half-lied. It was a bit shameful, but it was close to the truth.
"Nobody actually slimed him, though. And the children... Quadrumpi are cruel buggers. They aim for the weaker ones. I don't trust them, myself."
He stared. People often did that, so Xplfnt thought nothing of it. Then Brandon said, "Thank you for helping us." And he left.

I slipped over to the vents. They are actually quite fun. Plus, they changed position every day. They never got boring. It is fun when I get lost in there. There wasn't any fans, but he didn't mind. The breeze got annoying after a while anyways. He made his way to the top when he remembered that after all, he was a captive and had no freedom. But this was fine for now. And perhaps the Green Wing would be proud of his new knoledge. He would leave when he knew every word. It was a promise.
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

The Slimeinator

(2nd/3rd character)

Name: Dennis Chexter
Male/Female: Male
Height: 6'2"
Hair/Eyes: Bald, Blue eyes
Assignment: Heavy Weapon Soldier

Name: Chris Chexter
Height: 5'11"
Hair/Eyes: Bald, Green eyes
Assignment: Technician

Chris was straining his wrench to the maximum trying to activate the ceiling zorch turrets. Dennis kept calling out "They're coming! Hurry up!" Chris could only reply, "Shut it! I'm working as fast as I can!" Suddenly, he had a breakthrough. He finished the first zorch turret! Panting, he dismounted and carried his ladder over to the second zorch turret. Meanwhile, Dennis was about to face the Flemoids. He had a Phasing Zorcher plugged into a Zorchpack for extra ammo. He waved it left and right, making sure no Flemoids could sneak past him.

Green Wing was getting nowhere. He could find no traces of life aside from the Flemoid goo on the walls. Suddenly, he heard the ever-recognizable cries of the Flemoids. Green Wing rushed to find them before they harmed anyone.

Dennis spotted a Flemoid. It was a larva. He quickly eliminated it with his Phasing Zorcher, but more appeared quite soon. He fired a continuous stream of zorch energy into the crowd of larvae, but seemed to get nowhere. They were coming ever closer. "Chris! I can't hold them off much longer!" Dennis cried.
"Dennis! Get back in here! I think I got both the turrets working!" Dennis fled from the wall of Flemoids into the laboratory. The turrets whirred into action and started blasting away at the larvae, eliminating ten of them every few seconds. Suddenly, a huge voice boomed out of nowhere.

"CEASE THIS BENIGHTED FRACAS!" Green Wing yelled in a commanding voice. Just then, a door slid open inside the lab...

matthias720

(2nd character)

Name: Frxgmr
Species: Flemoidus Quadrumpus w/armor
Height: 6'10"
Hair/Eyes: none/fuchsia
Assignment: Commander of the rebel base in the Srytx mountains on Flemoid Prime

The journey to the rebel base was a difficult trek for Jellon.  He had made his way as quietly as possible.  If ANY flemoid saw him, rebel or loyalist, he knew he was done for.  Only Frxgmr knew of his true political stance and he intended to keep it that way for as long as possible.

As he approached the base, Jellon shifted into his invisible state.  He silently neared his future home, he saw several commonus guards with a single cycloptus in charge.  "Perfect." Jellon said to himself.  He glided over to the front gate and tapped on it.  Rat-it-tat-tat.  This sound brought the guards to an instant alert.  The cycloptus brought two guards with him to investigate.  Slowly, the guards opened the gate.

Jellon watched as the two commonus soldiers exited the base to scout out whatever had knocked on the gate.  He took the opportunity to slide inside unnoticed.  "Nothing to report, sir." the commonuses said as the entered the base once more.  "Very well," replied the cycloptus, "back to your posts."

Jellon was elated.  He had made it inside!  He made his way to the centeral stockade, and used a similar technique to gain entrance.  Now all that was left to do was to find Frxgmr.  He glided down one hallway and up the next.  Eventually, Jellon could go no further.  He checked and saw no guards around.  Then Jellon shifted back to his normal state.  He approached the door marked Commanding Officer, and entered...
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

The Slimeinator

Chris rushed to the door, only to find that it was a malfunction. He leapt backward before he was crushed. Meanwhile, Dennis was pointing his plugged-in Phasing Zorcher at the giant Flemoid that had just come from the airlock corridor. True, it had called off the other Flemoids. True, he could understand it. But, that doesn't mean that Dennis should drop his guard. The large one switched quickly to Flemoid tongue.

"You must stop this. Now. These people are NOT your enemy." Strangely, the larvae were not listening to him. They looked at him with utter, unmistakeable rancor. Suddenly, one of the larvae leapt at him. Green Wing had no choice. He used his tentacle like a whip and whacked the larva onto the wall. He repeated the process until the entire wall was covered in larvae. What is this madness!? Green Wing thought to himself. Finally, he realized. 10 years ago, he was still a regular civilian on Flemoid Prime!

Zorchdude

The Bipedicus fumbled with the Broken computer. They had managed to capture a flemoid before, but it had probably not known Latin Ralstone as the computer was a wreck. It was filled with crusted slime. Every area of space not filled with something inside the frame had been gobbed up. It was very crusty now, but in this amount it could never work again. Probably one of those Quadrumpi.

Xplfnt felt like messing with people. He hadn't been out for three days, and it was in a Bipedicus' nature to mess with people. With or without sliming. He stretched up to the ceiling, slipped through a crack and pressed a few buttons on a control panel. It turned all the currently on showers to cold instead of hot. He pressed another button, which made the CafeteriBots drop their food and do a dance. Finally, he typed in a command.

run- compy.prog

He was familiar with computers now. Unfortunetly Brandon always took away the computer after use (It was his, after all) but he had programmed a virus that did nothing but produce a Slimeproof computer in a factory line, have it delivered and turn off a random computer in the ship. It wouldn't have been a virus otherwise, but he just had to mess with someone else. It was in his nature. He slipped back into the room.

The computer had been made when Brandon watched to see what had woken him up at an early hour. It was a Service Tray, a type of robot that delivered items and hovered, making a horrible whirring noise. But the Service Tray was only carrying a computer. He followed it. He traced it through a maze of passages, before losing the Service Tray. He swore under his breath and walked home, to his quaters. Besides, it probably was none of his buisness...

Xplfnt plugged the computer into the wall. He activated TripleSecure" for Windows, and typed in his three passwords- Xplfnt, Food and Cake. He also made a program that would unlock every door in the building except for the airlocks and the ones that lead to them. He wore rubber gloves whenever he used a computer. They made it a lot easier and a lot less sticky. However, his happiness wouldn't last for long...
Narf.

Replica

Milk was running towards the crashed ship, when he yelled out, "It Does..." he couldn't get the sentance off in time, he triped and fell off the side of the landing strip. since it was pretty high, Milk used his cowbar to hook onto the side. Hanging there for a little while, he then heared a scream, and running. Milk managed to get his right hand on the strip, but it had sliped again. Then there was a clank, and then an airlock open. It took him a few minutes, but Milk managed to pull himself up. He'd came to the ship, and saw it had its door already ripped open.

Milk ran inside, and went to the cockpit where he saw Frost, crushed under a shelf. Milk lifted the shelf up, seeing that frost was still breathing, he placed Frost over his sholder, and put an oxygen mask on his mouth. Milk took off, back to the airlock. When it had persurized, Milk ran and hid in storage room 3, where he tried to wake up frost.

Milk/Frost - Storage room 3.

Time-... Time alittle after GreenWing scared Peter and Molly.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Frost woke up somewhere on the IFOC ship...was it a storage room of some sorts? The shelves stacked across the walls were layered with cereal boxes.

"....wha? Hello?"

A voice called out to him in the darkness.  "It's all right, Commander. You won't be hurt for much longer."

Tilting his head, Frost saw his friend Commander Milk winking at him.  Relieved, he sat up.

"What happened?"
"There was a crash. Your ship blasted into the landing strip faster than Mach 5.  You managed to survive with only a few broken bones from a falling shelf."
"Oh dear..." The whole event came back to Frost in a flash.

Suddenly, a tremor shook the walls. Boxes of Chex came flying downwards.  A sickening thud sounded on the other side of the door, and slime creeped in through the cracks.  Somebody was pounding some flemoids into submission, but how?

"We need to move, Frost, and fast. Let's see, the quickest route to the medical chambers is over..."

A ripple of cracks spread across the floor, and the two Commanders fell through the gaping hole that was formed.

Commanders Frost and Milk - Falling through hole (destination unknown)

Time - Occurs as Green Wing slams larvae against wall

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Zorchdude

The Bipedicus fumbled with the keyboard. He was typing up SECRET MEMOIRS OF WORLD DOMINATION, a playscript. He did have an inventive mind... Then Brandon came in. I jumped. He didn't ring the bell as usual. He was obviously annoyed. Then he stared at what I was holding. "So..." he said.
"I have brought this computer. I wish to use a computer while you use yours." He obviously didn't look convinced. "I thought I could trust you..."
"I thought I could trust you too. I can escape any time I want. I just don't want to. Everything I have ever said to you is the utter truth." I said.

Suddenly he raised a Zorcher. And I was convinced now. It was time to leave.

I sprang around him, with the Laptop inside me, unplugged, as well as the Zorcher and Dictionary, and gobbed him to the ground. Then I stole his Fruit Bar snack and grew a little bit. I ate the food for today and regained my strength. I Zorched a hole in the wall, then crawled back into the vents. This was a hectic day. If it weren't for the computer I would still be back in there, possibly as a trusted link between Chexkind and Flemoids in 10 years time... but still.

The vent was large and spatious. This was the living quaters. They deserved better air. Or something. Well, their air was blocked off now. Xplfnt was in a grumpy mood. He thought he could trust Brandon. But no. It wasn't very good. Xplfnt decided that, knowing Latin Ralstone, he would make a Latin Ralstone name for himself.
He placed the dictionary onto the vent ground and turned the pages. Every word... Good words. But not his words.

He was now in the back of the book, with Latin words. Calamus... Calamadus. Calamidis? No, Caladus. That would be his Latin Ralstone name... But Xplfnt wanted his old name mainly. Caladus would have to wait for a bit until he was on a council of some sort. He could teach the Flemoids of Latin Ralstone more words. All words. But what would the officials think of that? Well, Xplfnt knew what the Green Wing would say. 'Know your enemy.'
Narf.

Manny Cav

Buff had stood stationed in the central room this whole time to guard the central air unit against further attack. However, he noticed a panel beeping next to the housing. He looked at it, and noticed that the computer reported obstructions in the flow around Bedrooms K and L, as well at the Cafeteria. "Not this again," he sighed. "What are they doing this time?" He knew that leaving his post could very well be what the Flemoids were aiming for in the first place. Instead, he radioed maintenance to check on the situation.

No response.

"When will they ever be done?!" he quietly yelled (it can be done). Buff sighed again, and decided to go directly to Admiral Wheet about the situation.

"Admiral, this is Buff Wheatman. I'm stationed in the central room, guarding the central air unit against further attack. There are obstructions in Bedrooms K and L, as well as the Cafeteria, but the maintenance crew has been unresponsive for several minutes. Can you get a fix on the situation, and perhaps get more help to those areas?"

Buff holding in central unit.
Time: Right after Xplfnt blocked the ventilation.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Zorchdude

The vent started glowing an eerie red. Xplfnt stopped. He was being followed! He slipped and slided, and made sure he wouldn't block anything in the process. Eventually he stopped- in the middle of the circular room. He was safe here. There were enough vents so people wouldn't even know the difference..

He curled up and dreamed away, of a Queen on the roof, a Zorch hole removing the ship from this universe, Many people slimed, and unslimed, and of encounters fit for the imagination. But they felt so... real... Deyja Vu? Oh gods, not this again. Xplfnt dreampt his current future path sometimes. It could be changed, but this one didn't look good.
Narf.

arch129

Molly along with Peter and the two maintenance crew members ran from the small room next to the landing strip to the teleporter next to the hallway to take them to Floor B.  They where planing on getting to the maintenance room on Floor B to try to activate the Zorcher Ceiling Turrets.  Peter was the first one to get to the teleporter, but it wasn't admitting any light.
"The teleporter, its not working..." Peter gasped out almost out of breath again.  It was true, someone had deactivated the teleporters to stop the flemoids from spreading on the different floors of the ship, but this hadn't helped much with the situation.
"Now what?  How are we going to get into the maintenance room now?" The shorter of the two crew said.
"I know, lets take the emergency stairs." Molly said then ran towards the door that led to the staircase.  The door opened when Molly pressed the red emergency button next to the door.  Peter, Molly, and the crew members made there way down the stair case till they passed a door with a large "B" on it.

The four cautiously made there way though the hallways of Floor B not knowing what might pop out.  At the end of the hallway was the door of the maintenance room.  The taller of the two crew ran ahead and used his ID for the security lock on the door.
"Ah-Successes-s-s-s Ah-Ah-Ahhh" The security lock device spat out before blowing out.
"Now how are we going to get in there?" The taller two crew said. 

"Look over here." Peter said pointing to a vent that was several feet away from the door.  The vent could easily let them get into the maintenance room.  Peter climbed into the vent and in about a minute he was in a dark room he never been in before. Suddenly Peter was scared again.  A strange gargle sound came with in the room, it echoed softly.
"Can we get some light in here?" Peter asked the crew members when they stepped out of the vent into the dark room.
"I bet the light aren't working, we where going to get to that someday, but its to late now." The shorter said.
"Let's try to hurry up then, I think there are flemoids in here."
"Very well, lets start by finding where the turret controls are..." The taller started to say, but interrupted by a sound.

Molly remembered she brought a flash light with her.  Molly turned on the flash light then shown it where the sound came from.  Out of the rows of computers out came a Quadrumpus!  Molly had learned out about Quad's before, but she never knew they were this big!

--- Quick Reference ---

> Peter, Molly, Two Crew Members @ Floor B, Maintenance Room.
> Shortly after Xplfnt blocked the ventilation.