Author Topic: The Story Behind Your Avatar  (Read 19594 times)

Offline Kuwabara

• "I do declare, if that Hina lady doesn't stop spin spin spinnin' in that river..."
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 17
Re: The Story Behind Your Avatar
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »
I would say that either he never read it, or he can read in another language.
I haven't read the book yet I got the picture from the .hack Wiki.
I am taking Japanese class but this year is my first year doing so. It will probauly take awhile before I can read something like a novel in Japanese.

I wish my high school taught Japanese.  Oh well, I guess thats what Rosetta Stone and College is for.

Offline Allen Walker

• The guy that does a slice and dice with Weiss using Ice.
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2008, 04:07:55 PM »
New avatar coming soon. In till then, I have a new picture at the bottom!  Its a random picture of Famicom Detective Club Part II. I was tired of that old picture of me, so I put in this.  I can read SOME of it, but not all of it.  For example, the first kanji you see before the main text is "otoko" or "man".

arch129

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »
I'm fair at German, and I'm going to be adding Japanese starting next semester.

Learning languages isn't that difficult, it's mainly rote memorization [which I excel at]. And it is always useful. I'm learning those two languages because of the massive amount of robotics work that goes on in those two countries. I'll NEED it for my job most likely.

I want to learn German too. They used to have at my school but not any more because not engoh people where takeing it.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39:59 PM »
we have a german guy at our school...but thats all it really is. Blonde, blue eyed, uses the nickname "german!" when playing games, and knows some German...hasn't lived in Germany since he was 4. Only one thing...

Our teacher is notorius for correcting us about grammar. One day he said he was a grammar nazi...and where do you think we all looked (out of just...the blue)? to mark, our german. then we all lol'd
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline ☼Foley☼ teh AWESOME!

• ☼Official Judge of all things AWESOME☼
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Black Masks and Gasoline...
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »
this one physics teacher at my school is a germanophile*, lol

*spelling?

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2008, 11:45:01 PM »
Loremaster, you're doing robotics? I'm doing robotics too! I'm on the BotBall team, and I plan on taking Robotics Engineering (or something of the sort) at OU, and then work for NASA!

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »
Loremaster, you're doing robotics? I'm doing robotics too! I'm on the BotBall team, and I plan on taking Robotics Engineering (or something of the sort) at OU, and then work for NASA!

Yeah, I do robotics. I'm a Mechatronic Engineering student. I've mainly been working on our school's Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition team. Tough stuff, lemme tell you! We've been pushing the boundaries of what you can do with robotics on that thing. We had to create some new equipment from scratch, and do some things with current tech that is really new. Our machine vision system was AMAZING!
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »
In BotBall last year, we were allowed to use Roombas, and the first program that we made on it (or more like the super-genius-zac-can-program-in-binary made on it) made it follow Botguy, but we had to make sure that he didn't run Botguy over, it looked.........unsuitable.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting