Main Menu

Lounge Ideas

Started by QuadrumpusGuy, November 04, 2010, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadrumpusGuy

This topic for others to share their ideas for the Lounge. What do you guys think should be in it?

noob1234

MajorSlime

-Pool!
-Park (as in trees, etc. not too big)
-Security room
-Better zorchmatch arena (I can do the script and whatnot for this if you want)
-Personalized rooms (of course)
-Lounge area with couches (of course)
-Bathrooms (of course, though kinda weird)
-Shooting range! (I can also do the code for this if needed)
-Holding Cells! (XD)

For my room...

IDK, i'll have to think about it.

EDIT - Ooh!! An arcade with playable games (I can also do this code as well)
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

I've never been very interested in making lounge maps, so I don't have any ideas at the moment. I don't want more than 5 lounge maps in the .pk3.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

For the Arcade room...

Maybe you start playing a game and you kinda "enter" the game (Your actually playing it). Maybe some flemoid based games.

Pool - DEFINATELY. If possible, I'll make a water slide!

Park - Yeah, very doable.

Security Room - Kind of like the Big Tv Room? But more TVs?

Zorchmatch arena - Hmm... Do we want this to be Co-op so we can have 3d floors? (Transparent pools, ceiling panes, tables, etc.)

Lounge area - Yeah!

Bathrooms - always in the lounge. I have the textures for it too. Maybe have flushing sounds when you leave the stall XD

Shooting Range - I thought about this. Not a bad idea. Maybe a little Target shooting game with flemoids and 75' targets?

Right now...

All I have is a Cafe, known as the Digital Cafe. There will be food items and such, maybe an appearance of a shopped head of Chef Excellence on the Cereal Chef's body.

For the Cafe...

-Neon Signs
-Light Switch
-Computer Terminal
-Posters?
-Booths/Tables
-Kitchen area
-Plant boxes
-Windows?

Quote from: 75 on November 04, 2010, 10:43:46 PM
I've never been very interested in making lounge maps, so I don't have any ideas at the moment. I don't want more than 5 lounge maps in the .pk3.

There will probably only be this one. Perhaps it could be used for events/commemorations/parties/etc.

MajorSlime

I like that idea.  XD

But yeah, good to all of those, except for special notes...

-That is almost exactly what i was thinking with the arcade.
-@Security Room: exactly what I meant
-Zorchmatch arena: good point. and my next question was that. Invasion arena, where you score points? Say, that not a bad idea, and while were at it, put the shooting range in the arcade. Perhaps a practice range outside, though?

I like the cafe, but what does the computer terminal do?

QuadrumpusGuy

Computer Terminal may be just for decoration. Maybe have it reveal a Secret Area in the lounge.

By the way... maybe some hidden rooms?

LAZ Trooper

It should have some sort of conference room/lecture hall type place.

And for people's rooms, there should be a hallway with plenty of room for people's creations so they're not limited by space. I'll link to a wad of my room I made once I get it uploaded.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

We need something like the Elevator of Dimensions. I can do that.

Anyways, hidden rooms - How about a vault? Like, with lots of powerups. Or maybe someplace that you get to when you win an arcade game...

Ooh! We need a store, so that you can buy things with credits earned from arcade games and whatnot! We need gambling! A poker/blackjack/whatever room!

QuadrumpusGuy

Yeah, a Credits system would be cool. some whaleware merchandise would be purchasable.

matthias720

We need...

-a Whaleware Development Center!
-a library
-a Holodeck
-a secret commando base
-an Aperture Science Enrichment Center
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

LAZ Trooper

Ooo! The holodeck could be a perfect place for my crazy level idea (which might not really be practical as a real level, but hey). Leave that to me. It'll take a while and a honkload of scripting, but I'll take that.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

Well, here's a screen of the Cafe with 0 Lighting (There are 2 light switches)

I'm still trying to figure out what the layout of the lounge is going to be. I also have a hallway and am starting on a kitchen (Which has spawn switches for food)

Looks nice, but a few suggestions.

1. Erase the background behind the digital cafe logo, and make the neon part of it be a separate midtexture. That will make it look more 3d.

2. Use some brightmaps on the neon part.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: 75 on November 06, 2010, 12:40:57 PM
Looks nice, but a few suggestions.

1. Erase the background behind the digital cafe logo, and make the neon part of it be a separate midtexture. That will make it look more 3d.

2. Use some brightmaps on the neon part.

1. I've tried and it doesn't turn out great. Trust me on this one.

EDIT: What If I could just slap it onto the BRNGRN Texture in the Diner?

2. Okay. I need to learn how to use Brightmaps.