Map ideas/suggestions/submissions

Started by 75, January 28, 2011, 12:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

that or just edit it. maybe I can grab richie to delete the argument posts and keep the legit ones.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

noob1234

I didnt know where to post this, so...
Whatever happened to Super Chex and his 3D models??

I contacted him trying to get the models, he said he'd post them the day after.

That... was several months ago  :facepalm
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

TrueDude

Has anybody thought of asking Strife to use maps from his two map packs for this? Maybe with the exception of the arena map, all of them are very high quality.

ChexCommander

Quote from: TrueDude on June 28, 2011, 12:30:43 PM
Has anybody thought of asking Strife to use maps from his two map packs for this? Maybe with the exception of the arena map, all of them are very high quality.

Strife's grown-up and with a child; I mean, I'd love to talk to him again, but it might be tricky to get in contact. You never know, though.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Replica

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 28, 2011, 11:34:23 PM

Strife's grown-up and with a child; I mean, I'd love to talk to him again, but it might be tricky to get in contact. You never know, though.

Nah, it isn't hard to find him. He's really active at this forum. http://ntwriters.proboards.com/index.cgi Just join up and shoot him a PM.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

TrueDude

I've also seen him a lot at this forum, too. Though wouldn't be easier just to  send him an email anyway? Heck, he's answered a PM I sent him from here once during one of his long absences.

Replica

I've tried emailing him before, and he says he doesn't check his mail all that often.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Quote from: Replica on June 29, 2011, 01:32:23 PM
I've tried emailing him before, and he says he doesn't check his mail all that often.

AHA! ;D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

TrueDude

By the way, if Boingo reads this, how is the conversion to GZDoom been going?

TrueDude

I still think this would be a good idea. E1M3 would make a great E2M9 or Episode 4 map, and the others could fit in plenty of places throughout Episode 1-3.
(They're here for anyone who doesn't know/doesn't have them.) Plus it'd be nice to be able to play those levels again, since Legacy doesn't work on Windows 7. (Which I have)

Another idea: Boingo, you originally started converting the stolen Chex Quest 3 levels to TUCQ before they were discovered to be stolen, didn't you? (If I'm wrong my bad) You know, you could just ask one of the people who originally made it if it's alright for the maps to appear in TUCQ. I would really love this, since I grew up with that version of Chex Quest 3 and it's really nostalgic for me. (Plus that'd be another five levels, give or take depending on how many you choose to use) Here's one of the creators websites, as linked from the official website for the Serenity/Eternity/Infinity trilogy.

Boingo the Clown

I think someone had mentioned some of the stuff in that CQ3 was stolen, but then I looked around and dicovered the sources of the rest of the stuff, and got the word out that it was stolen stuff.  It was in T.U.C.Q. very briefly until I discovered the truth about it, and it was never in any of the releases.

noob1234

Quote from: TrueDude on October 24, 2012, 11:41:47 PM
since Legacy doesn't work on Windows 7. (Which I have)
Huh?! works for me...

TrueDude

What if, as a penultimate level in Episode 3 or 4 (Since it'd make Thy Chex Consumed make more sense as a title), there's a giant flemoid in space, like a Flembomination that's a hundred times the size of the original. It's so big, in fact, that in order to zorch it, Chexter has to get inside of it and zorch it inside out somehow. The walls and floors would be flem mostly, but there'd also be parts with eyeballs sticking out of the walls, and partially and fully mechanical areas too. (Think like Clanker in Clanker's Cavern.)

Boingo the Clown

Actually, there is supposed to be a giant fight to the finish with the mad scientist (The "cereal killer" of episode 3) who brought the flemoids to the CQ universe similar to the battle with Korax at the end of Hexen.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.