Author Topic: COD:MW help  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
COD:MW help
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:37:45 AM »
Heh, never thought I'd see me posting this thread...

but maybe one of you guys can help. My cousin was just playing some of the COD:MW that I had for xbox, using the free month of live I got with it. Then suddenly, he's on a modded server. He all of a sudden ends up with a huge negative XP, and the game cuts out.

Now I'm de-ranked completely, and can't join any games save for private matches, and I don't have any friends with modded servers to join and regain my XP.

That's a complete effing waste of my 20$, and I've seen all these people saying they can fix it if you use codes, but I see nobody saying how to use these codes. So, did someone just completely waste my 20$? or can I fix this somehow easy? (my cousin had the idea to just join a ton of private matches with a local friend and just let me kill him over and over, but that would take ages to undo a couple million negative XP.

And what's worse, this was the 3rd match this machine has ever seen online.
Ever.
And i've just locked a game out.
><;
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: COD:MW help
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:23:51 AM »
Update: Come to find out this is a pretty common thing because Activision are idiot.

So, we just tried making a new account especially for my cousin, and thankfully, the 1 month free Live activated on his as well. He's already torn it up as much as a low level player can on public matches, and I don't like COD that much anyway...meh, we'll see how it goes. I'm just trying to get him to check the scoreboards before walking into matches...

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:47:27 PM »
xbox Live is a whole new world for me. My brother bought a Live card to play on my 360 while he was staying at my place and I was seriously like "Wait... you have to pay to play online?"  :facepalm

I thought that the basic non-pay Live accounts allowed you to chat with friends and play multiplayer and nothing else, not just... talk to friends. WTF. I was rather shocked but recall being rather shocked at this realiza. This post just makes me even more pissy about the whole thing, ha ha. Glad you got it sorted out.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »
Yeah, especially since most of the actual game servers you are connecting to aren't Microsoft hosted, and since they give you your stats and personal tracking stuff for free...where's the money going to? to keep an open gateway or something? its stupid, especially at the prices.

Anyway, I'm getting madder and madder at Activision. You don't let a game killing bug run rampant in every single game you release. (this has been in every game since COD4)

Then again, activision doesn't like their players...they just want their money.

Offline mob720

• still alive
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 12:01:20 PM »
What can you expect? It's Call of Duty!  :P

Microsoft/Activision do seem to be the biggest money hogging companies in the Gaming field, and their stock shows for it. EA actually has tech support (albeit sometimes not very friendly) and sometimes more lenient on pricing.

Honestly, I don't play very much Xbox if at all, but I have heard that there are some modded servers that give you megatons of XP. Maybe with some luck, I dunno. It seems you do have it sorted out.

By the way, don't ever buy the 1 month Live online. It turns out to be a subscription and you actually have to talk to their tech support to end it. It sucks, I had to work on it for about a couple hours going from website to website and finally coming up with a number to talk to. At least they were friendly.

EDIT:: sorry for the bump, just reading everything today.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting