Author Topic: Interesting Computer  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
Interesting Computer
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:07:06 AM »
Here's something interesting I've got...Its a Sony Vaio, and its all in one, but its got a Pentium 4 in it...And the weird thing, the keyboard is integrated into the unit, it flips down. I got this along with an iMac G5 (broken beyond repair -_-), and after booting it up, its got a red tint to the screen. I'm figuring that if I get the unit apart, and reseat the video connector, it'll fix...but...

I can't find ANYTHING on this computer. the guys who gave it to the guy who gave it to me had pulled the panneling off the back and tore out the hard drive and memory, so I've got a barebones system. No idea what model this is or anything.

I'll get a picture up soon, but if y'all know anything about this, I'd appreciate info...

2.4GHZ P4...its about all I know.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: Interesting Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:20:51 PM »
Well isn't this just the time of bad screens T_T

I finally found a tiny sticker with the model number on it. Sony Vaio PCV-W20.
Its kind of a cross between a laptop and a desktop...more like a luggable PC. Its light enough and its all in one, with keyboard and LCD, good speakers...what's not to love?

The backlight, of course. Its a shiny LCD so not even high light from the top side makes it viewable, but when the backlight does come on for about a half second after power hits it for the first time, its a dark red, and then disappears. There's no external video out, so I can't even see if maybe the video controller has just gone bad. But its terrible when I type in the model number and screen, and right on the first page, its in a list of computers with inverter/ccfl combos that don't last, and its main symptom of failure is...red tint screen -_-

I'm looking into some other form of lighting it, just a hack job, but am having very little luck.

These two computers have just been terrible luck <_<
iMac G5 with busted screen or video card
Vaio PCV-W20 with busted screen or video card

What.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting