WHERE IZ MAI CQTLQ?

Started by arch129, June 30, 2015, 08:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

I got a message asking me if CQTLQ is still active and about other people picking up CQTLQ. I decided to post a reply here so everyone can see.

First of all I do have plans on continuing The Lost Quest, but I've been way too busy with other stuff to work on it.

I rather not give this project to another person, but I have no problem with people making their own deviations of The Lost Quest, using the same graphics, levels, ect. All I ask is that it's made clear it's not official and has a different name to distinguish itself from the original.  The Lost Quest: The Resurrection or something like that.

I do hope I get the chance to work on The Lost Quest sometime soon, but right now I'm focusing on non Chex Quest things.

If any of you actually do want to make your own fan continuations I would be excited to see them myself.  :whale

Awesomedude249

OMG! TEH ARCH192 IS BACH! HES BAAAAACK!!

In all seriousness though, I might try making a level or two, but I'm not that good at making any of the cool stuff you've done in TLQ.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Sounds good arch, take your time, with that said I look forward to playing the next release, whenever you want to release it.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

I might make a derivation with modified checkpoints to work better for multiplayer :P
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Awesomedude249

Oh yeah, to fix the checkpoint problem everyone's always complaining about.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

DestroyedEDGE

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I will try to fix the problem/bug/broken texture where certain walls glitch out and just duplicate.

Awesomedude249

Wait, do you mean a sort of clipping/smear? That means some walls are missing textures, usually we call that the Hall of Mirrors or HOM. Are you playing it with GZDooM and chex.wad as the IWAD?

DestroyedEDGE

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on September 01, 2015, 06:59:27 PM
Wait, do you mean a sort of clipping/smear? That means some walls are missing textures, usually we call that the Hall of Mirrors or HOM. Are you playing it with GZDooM and chex.wad as the IWAD?
Yep, but I am using ZDooM and not GZDooM. Should I use chex3.wad or chexultimate.wad (TUCQ) instead of chex.wad?

Awesomedude249

It must be played with GZDooM and chex.wad.

DestroyedEDGE

Awesomedude, GZDooM is just ZDooM with an OpenGL renderer, while ZDooM uses a software renderer.

Awesomedude249

No way. GZDooM supports models, mp3s, and much much more cool stuff. You should SOOO get it. Alot of DooM and CQ mods today use GZDooM anyway, like TUCQ, TLQ, and almost every DooM WAD on the planet.

darkstone

Alot? (chuckles) Supports models? Didn't know that.

Awesomedude249

MajorSlime

TLQ was built with GZDoom in mind, and utilizes many features that cannot be found in ZDoom, even today. Even though ZDoom nowadays supports many of the 3D floors that GZDoom utilizes, it still does not have full support for things such as sloped 3D floors. So, if a mod is designed to run with GZDoom, you should run it if you're able. Even if you can't run the Hardware rendering, GZDoom still has the ability to return to software rendering, making it functionally the same as ZDoom, so you should grab it anyways.

TL;DR: GZDoom is ZDoom with bonus features. Grab it because more the merrier.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Manhs

Sorry for the bump!

I wanted thank you for the mod, it's really a nice one.
I think some weapons can be a bit overpowered against the flemoids, by exemple, the "shotgun" who use 3 ammo is REALLY powerful....(i play with difficulty 4/5)
Or maybe need more time to reload?

Im stuck at map04, can't find the green key but i have found the yellow key....

How much maps are officialy "finished" ? Anyway, it's fun !   :whale