Converting DooM WADs to CQ (or T.U.C.Q, or CQ3)

Started by Boingo the Clown, September 07, 2015, 12:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyedEDGE

Quote from: Nomekop on September 21, 2015, 08:58:20 AM
Except I didn't touch TUCQ, so.

...right, gotta locate a nodebuilder since slade3 didn't like it on that note.
Download the ZDooM node builder from http://zdoom.org/files/utils/zdbsp/zdbsp-1.18.1.zip

Replica

Quote from: 75 on September 20, 2015, 12:43:23 PM
Quote from: Replica on September 20, 2015, 12:40:06 PM
That's not a 'Checkerboard texture', rather, it's a Hall of Mirrors (HOM). This happens when a Sidedef (A linedef with only one side, the other side is the empty void outside a map) has no texture on it. I suppose it can also be caused by a texture with a see through part in it. I guess it's also possible that the sectors in that area are corrupt, and claim that sidedef as it's own, when it really belongs to another sector.

This is good information on HOMs, but I just want to note that there is a checkerboard texture on the floor of the area in the screenshot.

Hah, didn't notice that. (Even though it was pointed out.) Pardon my partial mistake.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

DestroyedEDGE

After a failed attemt to convert a mod, I am back. I am now working on converting Cleimos II.

Boingo the Clown

I have not done any work on Vilecore for the past couple of weeks due to a severe distraction from a game called Terraria.

Oh! What a heel I am!   :facepalm

DestroyedEDGE

Boingo the Clown

Sure.

I can use the help.

PM me, and we can talk about it.

darkstone

I'd love to help, too. May I?

I've long wanted to convert a Doom game into CQ, and it'd be great to have an aimed project again! (As opposed to aimless 'hey, I'd like to make an orange fire-spitting Commonus, hmm...')

Boingo the Clown

Boingo the Clown

I did a little bit of work on one of the Vilecore levels this morning.

If anyone is interested in helping out, please let me know.

TrueDude

In regards to if people have ported Doom levels to Chex Quest, I once ported the first five levels of the mod Sunder to Chex Quest 3 under the title Sunder Quest.

Also, I tried doing it before at one point, but there really should be a mod that just replaces all the Doom textures with Chex Quest-y ones so this kind of thing is much easier to do. Perhaps in TUCQ, if you wanted to go through all the work, you could rename all the textures that share the names with Doom textures to something else, and then have all the Doom textures replaced with placeholders until similar textures can be made for them. Whenever anyone loads a Doom or Doom II mod onto TUCQ, it could appear on the episode list as an extra episode. Just a thought, may be more work than it's worth.

Awesomedude249

I saw Sunder Quest and your other unnamed Chex Quest project, and I agree that some non-doomish CQ textures should be made.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to