Chex Quest: The Lost Quest Discussion Topic (Outdated)

Started by arch129, June 30, 2008, 04:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Yeah, imagine you're Indiana Jones or that guy from Pitfall.  :D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

arch129

From the day Beta 1.5 was released to this day absolutely nothing was done with CQTLQ.

I'm telling you this because I'm starting work on CQTLQ again, but some things are going to change.
For one thing the idea of 40 levels is done for now, like I said before "Chex Quest is not just a Doom wad, it's just Chex Quest." I'm not going to fill every classic DooM episode or level there is, I'm going to make as much levels as I need.

At this point I'm planing on seven levels for the first episode E1M3, E1M7, E1M9 are going to be removed.
You can look for your self at the Progress page or Chex Quest Wiki page for CQTLQ, there you will see the new order of levels.

I'll keep you updated on new progress I make here.

- Also I locked all the outdated topics in this sub-forum.

ChexCommander

Atariangamer

Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

Quote from: arch129 on March 15, 2009, 02:34:50 AM
From the day Beta 1.5 was released to this day absolutely nothing was done with CQTLQ.

Quote from: Atariangamer on March 16, 2009, 09:56:39 PM
YAY PROGRESS. Lez see moar!

Hmmm....
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Quote from: arch129 on March 15, 2009, 02:34:50 AM
...I'm telling you this because I'm starting work on CQTLQ again...
Also, this topic is a sign of progress. its the first step...or maybe just our hearing of the first step. A release or no PREVIOUS progress doesn't mean there isn't any now, especially if hes telling us this plan. A plan is progress.

arch129

Should I change the difficulty level?
Are the levels too easy, too hard, or just right?

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

The Slimeinator

Tweak up the difficulty a notch in Extreme Ooze.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

Puzzle wise, its strong in some points, but bearable. Monster wise, I can handle a few more...bring it.

ChexCommander

Yeah, crank it up in the heavier difficulties, keep it the same in the lowers.  More variation, I say.

arch129

It's spring break for me! ^^

I'm going to use this week to work on CQTLQ.
Hopefully I can have CQTLQ work with the Chex.wad as the IWAD. I'm waiting awhile to make CQTLQ an IWAD, that part will take awhile. I will do it eventually. By the end of this beta I hope to have 5 levels done, E1M1 - E1M5.

I'll post my progress here.

Also I'm open too any ideas.

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Quote from: Manny Cav on April 04, 2009, 08:23:07 PM
I thought you already did those levels. ???

Well though the transfusion of CQTLQ for DooM Legacy too CQTLQ for GZDooM I realized I didn't like the original E1M3 (Brano City), E1M7 (Sewer System) and E1M9 (Secret Level). In the new version there will be levels E1M1 - E1M7. I'm using the original E1M1 and E1M2 as them self's, the original E1M4 (Outdoor Storage) as the new E1M3 (Green Storage), the original E1M5 (Indoor Storage) as the new E1M4 (Red Storage), A new map + the original E1M6 (Hidden Caverns) as the new E1M5 (Hidden Backtracks), a new map for the new E1M6 (Brano Sewer System), and the original E1M8 (The Core) as the new E1M7 (The Machinator).

It's kinda confusing, but it will make more sense when it's done.

The Slimeinator

Quote from: arch129 on April 04, 2009, 08:18:07 PM
I'm going to use this week to work on CQTLQ.
Hopefully I can have CQTLQ work with the Chex.wad as the IWAD. I'm waiting awhile to make CQTLQ an IWAD, that part will take awhile. I will do it eventually. By the end of this beta I hope to have 5 levels done, E1M1 - E1M5.

You're not going to use the chex.wad-compatible version I made?
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5