doom to chex quest texture mod?

Started by amdcrash, May 06, 2019, 10:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amdcrash

i think most of us know that when you run a standard doom wad with the chex quest iwad, it looks like a garbled mess, however, is there a mod which replaces the standard graphics with the correct ones or do i need to make one to be able to play chex quest deathmatch wads that were originally meant for doom?

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: £124 (£74 with sales)
  • Games owned: 72

ChelonianEgghead

Eh, there's the Chex Patch, https://github.com/frozenLake/Chex-Patch but it's still in (early) beta. frozenLake would know more about it than - he's the author, after all - and he's on this forum. Here's a link to the Chex Quest Discord chat server (it will take you right to the project's channel.) https://discord.gg/jbBYwzG Oh, and if you want to contribute graphics, please do so as frozenLake is really looking for some artists to help him.
Remind me — Avengers Infinite Warfare was about the Justice League teaming up with the Galaxy Quest crew to stop that Thanos guy from Fortnite from collecting the 7 chaos emeralds and activating the Ark, right? Really is the boldest crossover in film history.

amdcrash

what`s the best way to assemble it? i have used slade 3 but my first wad did work but the weapons never changed, nor did the items and enemy`s but my second attempt refuses to start on the ultimate doom with a map not found error and on doom 2 nothing changes.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: £124 (£74 with sales)
  • Games owned: 72

ChelonianEgghead

Are you trying to make a WAD using Chex Quest graphics? Then you should use The Ultimate Doom or Freedoom as the IWAD, with The Ultimate Chex Quest loaded as a PWAD before your WAD. So, the command to run it would look something like:
"gzdoom -iwad freedoom1.wad -file TUCQR6.WAD -file namofyour.WAD", replacing freedoom1 with doomu or doom if you're using Doom's or Ultimate Doom's IWAD, and nameofyour.WAD with the actual name of your WAD, of course. What exactly are you making with your WAD?
Remind me — Avengers Infinite Warfare was about the Justice League teaming up with the Galaxy Quest crew to stop that Thanos guy from Fortnite from collecting the 7 chaos emeralds and activating the Ark, right? Really is the boldest crossover in film history.

ChelonianEgghead

Oh, sorry for double-posting, but you could alternatively use Chex Quest 3 as the IWAD, without The Ultimate Chex Quest. Do note that CQ3 and TUCQ are not compatible, however, which may or may not be a problem. Just ask if you'd like more details. :whale