Older CQ mods...

Started by Atariangamer, January 24, 2008, 07:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

okay...just waitin', waitin', waitin' on the world to change.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Dacicus

I have The Return of the Chex Warrior and most or all of the projects derived from it, if anyone wants them.

Atariangamer

Wait, does the new game maker 7 run these files? If not, I can't play them

Dacicus

There are 3 executables and 3 Game Maker files. Here are descriptions I wrote up for them:

TRotCW.exe - The original "The Return of the Chex Warrior" game made by Richie using Game Maker; it was originally compressed as RotCW.zip and available from the game's official site, http://www.geocities.com/chexreturns/

Froghawk later decided to expand the game into a trilogy, but that project was not completed.

TRotCWSE.exe - This is the executable of the first part of Froghawk's trilogy. It consists of Richie's game with some changes by Froghawk.

TRotCWSE.gmd - This is the Game Maker file that was probably used to make the TRotCWSE.exe file. Game Maker 5.3 is required to open it.

Chex2d 2.gmd - This is an editable Game Maker file that was apparently intended to be part of the trilogy. Again, use Game Maker 5.3 to open it.

The files from Froghawk's project were obtained from the "Download Chex Quest 2D" link on http://www.geocities.com/chexquest4/. They were originally compressed together as cq2d1trotcwse.zip.

Rise of the Chex Lord.exe - rrppo made this game. It seems to be TRotCWSE with several graphics and backgrounds replaced with sprites from the Chex Quest WAD files.

ROTCW Upgrade 8.gm6 - A Game Maker 6.0 file that is very similar to the Rise of the Chex Lord game, but has some new features added or at least outlined. I got it as the compressed file ROTCW Upgrade 8.zip from http://cbastudios.profusehost.net/chexquestgallery/.

Atariangamer

whoops...the first link is dead. I'm trying to remember...is upconverting easy?

Dacicus

Quote from: atariangamerwhoops...the first link is dead.

Yeah, the descriptions I wrote were partially for historical purposes, so the URLs may not all work. I was originally planning to save a local copy of the entire RotCW site from archive.org, but they apparently did not save the images.

Manny Cav

Quote from: atariangamer on January 30, 2008, 01:16:06 AM
Hmm...I wonder if he know how much prestige he has here...even an unfinished work is a work of art...

umm, strife? could you, OR ANYBODY upload the second level pack? and anything else you did mapwise?
Under permission from Strife, I am now distributing his two level packs. You can get them at http://chexquestgallery.webng.com/downloads/.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

damien

I know this isn't the purpose of this topic, but what about really old Chex Quest mods?

I have only two mods that do not require TUCQ, and I was wondering if there were any that I don't have.  The only two that I have are the Chex Quest Enhanced Version (by Loremaster; very fun), and Chex Quest 2 Parts 2 & 3 (so-called).  (There's also CQ3, of course, but I don't count that one.)

Does anybody know of any other really old CQ mods?  I don't like the way TUCQ has the flemoids dropping weapons, and various other things make me want to go back to the old engine, but I've practically memorized the levels in the first two games.

The Green Avenger

I believe I once had the one by Loremaster.  The only other 'older' mods that I remember much are since5's older map packs.  He keeps 'em hidden over here.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Atariangamer

I tried them. they don't like to work. Regular CQ doesn't work, TUCQ doesn't work well (still missing textures), and Newmaps doesn't work, either. I dont get it.

Manny Cav

Hate to burst ye bubble, damien, but this topic was WAY over a month old when you posted in it today. I'll have to lock it. You can, of course, start a new topic if you wish to pursue this new subject further.

EDIT: Since the Chex Quest section has been exempted from the bumping rule, I'm unlocking this topic.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010