Quantum Chex?

Started by TrueDude, February 25, 2008, 10:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDude

I've heard of this and looked around on the old forums for it, but I can't find anything on it because the topic was wiped in the hard-drive crash. I heard that it started as a mod, then traded to MMF. I've seen some sprites here or there, though no complete screenshots. I've wondered for a while if there was a beta of either version, since I know it's probably not being worked on by Strife anymore. Anything on it?

Dvader0086

nope i don't think so...

but you could ask strife...

TrueDude

I found one picture of it:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/Strife1/strifecq16.png

It was posted on another site, that was non-chex related. I wish this was still being made, honestly.

Manny Cav

I somehow remember seeing that somewhere.... Ah, yes. Good times, good times.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

...O-O WTF STRIFE?!?!??! WHERE THE FLEM DID THIS COME FROM?

DoOd, I would do anything to play that...man, that shows off his skilz! Man, strife. Ya gotta post what you had done!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

A beta of Quantum Chex was never released, to my knowledge, but I would also like to see what was done with this wonder.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

TrueDude

This looks like it would be quite fun to play, plus, notice the CQFF thing at the bottom. Strife probably donated that or something, as it looks too coincidental to just look similar.

Atariangamer

Dood, strife actually made this project. And according to that pic, he made custom graphics for almost everything. I wonder where strife went...he was pretty active a few weeks ago...

Manny Cav

That DOES look like the post icons for the forums on the main page.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

...oh, i see what ya mean there

TrueDude

Maybe we could get Strife to come back somehow (again) and get him to shed some light on this. :/

Atariangamer

He was here pretty regularly when the new boards started...then he stopped...kinda like boingo. He posts randomly, but I really wish he'd drop in now...I sent him a e mail

TrueDude

I remember that he had something in his signature that was most likely the logo for it, but I can't find it now that the sigs of the old forum are gone. Dang it, Richie. (No offense)

Atariangamer

ugh...I think it was just a Chex Quest stylized 'Q' in neon orange with metal 'Quantum Chex' letters next to it.

Strife

Why is it that every time i'm away from the forum for more than two days, somebody asks me a question? xD

Quote from: Manny Cav on February 26, 2008, 12:27:20 AM
That DOES look like the post icons for the forums on the main page.

That's because it is. The one I used for the forums is a recolored version. ^_~

Quantum Chex was a total conversion project I started in the old forum, where all of the graphics would be replaced with my own. In addition, the zorchers would have slightly different effects than their CQ counterparts. There are also no flemoids whatsoever - instead, there are enemy soldiers shaped like junk food that will attempt to zorch you into oblivion.

I'm working on quite a few other non-Doom game projects at the moment, which is why I haven't worked on this in a while. ^^; But it's good to know that you guys like what you see so far!