Please Help !!!

Started by Big Burrit0, May 18, 2008, 02:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Burrit0

Ok I have a big problem
Do Vegetarians Eat Animal Crackers ???

xbolt

Well, since you have Vista, I don't think there's much you can to to run Chex Quest in its original version, unless you could get it running through DOSBox.

I recommend downloading The Ultimate Chex Quest instead.

Big Burrit0

So do i dl this and start playing or is there other stuff i need to dl 1st ..well i will dl it and tell you the results.

Richie

Welcome to the forums!

It's impossible to run a playable, original Chex Quest natively in any Windows newer than 98.  You have to download a program called DOSBox.  Unfortunately, it isn't something I would consider simple.  Boingo the Clown (a member here) is making an improved version of Chex Quest that runs perfect in XP/Vista.

Sub-Forum: http://chexquest.org/index.php?board=20.0

Edit - Looks like someone beat me.  haha

Big Burrit0

it WORKED YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  :P

Oh thank you so much Xbolt for showing me this link...I really thank you

The Slimeinator

Such is the power of Xbolt. :D

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to stick around awhile and enjoy some of our mods!
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Big Burrit0

You guys count me in i will be around more now that i can play  ;D

Now time to beat CQ

Oh and 1 more thing is there a way to play any of the DOOMs ...but number 3

xbolt

Big Burrit0

Oh guys one more thing ...When i get in CQ , i change all the settings to my liking then when i leave and come back all my settings are default and my previous game is gone that i saved... how can i fix this

Dvader0086

Wecome! I hope you enjoy your stay! I am a avid windows user and I can tell you you'll have to run it as the admin to keep all your settings... I hope you don't share the computer with other people!

Big Burrit0

Hi and no i dont share my com ...so how do i run as admin

Dvader0086

Right click and go to properties... then go the click on compadability tab (pardon my spelling...) run it in your favored windows settings, then click run as admin checkbox then ok... You should see a little colored shield on your icon... the click and launch...

Big Burrit0

Oh thanks man ....Helpful community  ;D

Edit: It doesnt light up, the admin box ...

Big Burrit0

You guys are going to hate me but when i get after the 4th lev it has some error and crashes

The Slimeinator

No one's going to hate you because you ask questions.

Anyway, are you still running the SciFience version? If you are, nobody knows why, but you cannot reach the fifth level (The Caverns of Bazoik.)
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5